S E L F I S H

This morning I woke up happy and ready to start my day which was odd

This morning I woke up happy and ready to start my day which was odd. Ever since the whole Jakob thing I haven't really been myself but today I feel like I'm finally in my own skin. I applied my signature red lip gloss that was named after me. Surprisingly I wasn't thinking about Faust but instead his cousin, Nicolas Fuentes.

There's something about Nicolas that intrigues me, I just can't place my finger on it.

I walked downstairs to see my dad drinking a cup of coffee with my mom sitting right next to him also drinking coffee, wait their actually sitting together. I cautiously walk into the kitchen, watching them carefully.

I poured the black coffee into my mug and swiftly sat on the counter. My dad places the newspaper on the table before glancing at me.

"Yes, Adora?" My dad questions.

"Nothing" I smirk.

After my dad found out about the affair between my mom and his brother, my dad couldn't even tolerate being in the same room with her. Something was definitely wrong.

My mom cleared her throat as she turns off her phone, giving me all her attention.

"Why can't I have coffee with my husband and father to my child?" My mom says while rolling her eyes at me.

Right, and I'm not pining after a married man.

They must think I'm an idiot, even our pet dogs would call them bluff. I sipped my coffee, shaking my head gently.

"Oh I don't know maybe because you're having an affair with your husbands brother." I toss my shoulders up.

"Adora, if you must know. Your dad and I are actually working on our marriage." My mom says in a tone that makes her sound like an actual adult.

"Paul and I are in the past, this is my future."

I tried holding it in, I really did but it wasn't working. I broke into a huge laughter, my parents both looked at me weirdly. Wait, their being serious.

"Mom your past was like three days ago, relax dear." I laughed.

I'm not the smartest tool in the shed but I do recall my mom sneaking out three nights ago.

"Clara, really? Our own daughter saw her mother being a whore." My dad yanks his hand from her grip as he stands up from the table.

I take that as my cue to leave, I hop off the counter to drop my mug off in the sink.

"It's okay daddy, it's not like I didn't already know. Now you have a nice day." I walk over to my dad, hugging him and kissing his cheek.

I looked over my shoulder, my moms face was beat red. I blew her a kiss.

"Love you too, mommy." I winked before heading out the kitchen.

I know, I'm a bitch but I wasn't born this way remember that. I pulled out my driveway and headed onto the freeway. I was afraid, afraid of my parents getting back together. Jakob would use it against me, he'd be able to win all over again. My hands started to shake around the wheel, the thought of Jakob scared me.