Learning The Mute Code (Shortish Chap.)

Mute POV:

I saw Sans begin to walk with Doug, "D-doug, what were you guys saying? Wh-what language... Is that?", Doug said in a low hushed voice. "These monsters are from old story's in the archive. Back a long thirty or so years ago a war with the humans forced them into a hiding. They were trapped there with magic. If they have returned now, that means they finally broke the spell. They speak what the humans from the old world spoke, English.... It's a fairly simple and easy language, it's basically ours but pronuctuated weirdly. The older colonies of cavies still speak it.", I nod my head, "So they were being hunted like us mutes are now then?", he nod back. I frowned looking at the skeleton, "Sans is his name, and he has something food like called a sandwhich? I can't pronounce it right in his language he always laughs...", I heard Doug snicker. I glared at him, "whhat, I can't help it. He likes you back by the way~". I chocked on my breathe and looked at Doug agasht.

"Y-you didn't really tell him!?", Doug smirked at me while I blushed hiding in my hood more. I groaned, "Not cool.", he snickered as we reached the tall goat mu- I mean monster? Another larger intimidating one stood with her. I hid behind Doug and Sans. Doug began speaking that strange language again...

)Doug POV~(

I smiled at the king and sorta queen, bowing slightly, "I am Master Doug, I hear you two are the leading representatives of this group yes?", they exchanged wary looks with Sans. "Ehem yes, we are. We followed that young uh... What ever she is exactly here with Sans approval. We hate to intrude on your land Master Doug.", the tall king bowed. I snorted, "Oh I'm not the king. We only have one excutive here, I'm mearly the extra brain from her schooling tree.". I motioned to Mute hiding behind me, "This would be the 'king and queen' in one behind me, we refer to her as Mute. Though in our tongue it stands as ZeN. For the first mutant to rise and conquer the illness, and bombings. The term is from the special forces that had her in containment, Zen X. A medical lab and prison camp on the coastlands. A truely remarkable being. Though easily able to topple any threat sent her way with the power of her mutations... That noone exactly knows the true power of yet...". I shook my head and smiled.

"I have some houses, well lots of houses in the left 'wing' of the tree near this connector branch. If you all will head to that larger building to the left they will give you housing, food, and water. Enjoy the hospitality of our leader.", I bowed to them, then gently grasping Mute's arm I began to stalk away to the right. Once far from view I turned to her, removing the arrow in her shoulder, it had melted away the metal but needed to be removed non the less. I gave her a serious look, "Where exactly did they come from? Your patrol must have been completely torn appart for it to be this bad?!", I saw her gulp and look down nervously. She mumbled queitly, "The... The snare field caught me, and three others. The main troop was eaten alive by the sunflower's pass. No one but me made it out alive, the skeleton healed the major wounds... I have the weapon now though.". I gasped as she pulled out a small vial of black liquid. She looked disgusted.

I put my hand on her shoulder, "I didn't say you had to use it... But it's best if it's owner keeps it with them...", I watched her look up and she sniffled, "But I'm a monster mutant!? And human, and animal and and!!!? AND A DEMON TOO!!!", she sobbed as I hugged her softly. "Hey, it's not the end of the... World. Yet at least. You may be everything combined, but your still our hero and sweet little fiesty Mute too. No one can take that away from you, it's you afterall...", I pat her back as she giggled. "And anyone who says otherwise you can throw into the Sunflower's Pass." I smiled at her as she nod and smiled up at me. "Now go ahead home and rest. You need it if your gonna come to school next week! I stretched out opening due to how long you sleep.", I ruffled her already messed up hair and she huffed at me. I watched her walk off and sling her hat back onto her head. I smiled softly speaking to myself, "She's going to out live us all either way...".

Wanted to clearify that the artworks used are by ME. Kat-Toonz Purrductions. DO NOT steal them, I will find out... =D Thankz fur reading!