I wasn't normal, it was as simple as that. People thought about adopting me but would flee for the high hills as soon as they heard me speak. I didn't talk like a child, nor did I think like one. Special, sympathetic people might say but, as a majority, freak was the general term. I looked at the new girl as tears streaked down my face, running out of the dorm.  

But I was stopped before I could run any further. 

'You can't escape from here, not until you become a teenager.' A sly voice rang from the corner behind me. I sniffed. 

'Haven't you tormented my life enough?' I asked. He chuckled and walked towards me, hand outstretched. I took it and he led me to the boy's dorm. I expected there to be heaps of bunk beds like there was in the girl's dorm but there was only... One? 

'You have your own dorm?' I asked, confused. He smiled darkly. 

'Well, I am the only dude here,' he said.  

'But...' I stammered, 'there's always little boys running around!' He chuckled coarsely and sat down on his bed. 

'Precisely. Little boys -as you so well put it- are always running around. But think about it... The g always get picked. You and I are screwed, two lost causes.' His last words held great sadness and so I sat down next to him, raising a comforting hand to his back. I despised him yes, but at least he GOT me. And as for getting me into trouble, it wasn't really his fault. He was just saving his own neck, like I would in his position. I smiled at him.  

'Is it nice, not having any other people in here?' I asked softly. He groaned and fixed me a steely glare. 

'Do you think I enjoy being like this, so lonely?'  

'No,' I whispered, worried for him. I expected him to grimace, sigh anything but... That. 

He stood suddenly, his eyes ablaze with fury. I yelled as he punched me twice in the stomach. 

'YOU'RE A BITCH!!!' he screamed, throwing another fist, this time at my face. I ducked before it made contact, spinning away from him, my back against the window.  

'Shhh you just need to calm-' I begun, reaching out to him. And he punched me again, his fist colliding with my forehead.

The dizziness came first, the urge to just lie down and sleep myself to oblivion. But then the pain came in, crashing around my ears like an angry tide. And with pain came anger, the anger that ran through my veins like wildfire. I snarled and picked myself up from the ground, wiping my bleeding nose with the back of my hand.  

'How dare you!' I growled, lashing out with my fists. But he'd fallen before my flesh had connected with his, screaming whilst clutching his usually tanned face. I gasped in horror as he pulled his hand away, exposing a charred face, burnt black and red. He looked bewildered, his eyes staring at me with shock. His hands were shaking as tears streamed down his raw red and black face. But, aside from the shock and horror, his eyes still retained hate, hate for me. I tried to apologize but the words wouldn't form in my mouth. I still did know what had happened.... Did I do it? I begun to stutter, confusion running across me.  

'Still a bitch,' Jaicob cried, his tears sinking into his scarred face. It was horrific, his skin all but gone. Blood was beginning to seep through the little remaining flesh and spilling down his cheeks. It was paining him but I couldn't do anything to ease his suffering. He raised a hand to wipe the blood off his face automatically, a blood curdling scream that ending in a gurgle of agony. I couldn't stand it, covering my eyes with a blood-stained hand. I hadn't realized it before but my hands were stained a bloody crimson and I knew what it meant; I had done this. I didn't know how, nor why but I didn't mean it.