Part 9

CHAPTER NINE

SNAPES POV 

'Headmaster?' I asked, knocking pantiently on the grand oak door that led into Dumbledores study. No answer. I took the time to get my breath back, having just spend a half hour trying to figure out the password to get past the stone gargoyle. I had finially gotten it and continued past, breaking into a run. And now it turns out he isn't even here. I turned my back and begun to climb my way back down the stairs. 

'Severus, how good to see you.' Albus Dumbledore gave me a crooked smile as I spun back around. 'Is there a reason for your visit?' 

I grimaced and followed him into his study, seating myself in front of his desk while he sat behind, pulling down his half moon spectacles under they rested on the bridge of his nose.  

I was unsure whether to continue with my complaint about Sarah Malfoy because if she was indeed a blood relative of Lucius's I would surely lose his delicate trust. 

'Yes Headmaster. I would like to talk to you about the new fifth year student, Sarah Malfoy.' I said, guilt building in my stomach. I didn't really need to do this but I wanted to. He smiled. 

'Yes... I've already had Professor Umbridge complain to me about her this morning,' He murmured,' You wish to do the same?' I did, but for reasons I cannot fathom I shook my head. 

'No Albus. I just wanted to tell you that in all my years with Lucius he had never mentioned a Sarah Malfoy.' 

His eyes wavered for a split second, thousands of thoughts processing through his mind. 

'You believe it's a fake name? That she is an intruder?' He didn't seem happy with his words. But he had gotten the gist of my words. I nodded my head glumly.  

'Hmmmm... But who? Who would want Sarah to be here under a different name?' He spoke, more to himself than me. I kept silent. He looked up at me, his blue eyes searching for answers. I hadn't expected him to ask my opinion but I gave it anyway.  

'Well sir, I think that maybe the Dark Lord...' I started. He nodded.  

'Well, thankyou for telling me this but I however do not believe that this Sarah child is by any means a spy for Voldemort. Not that I think it is above her but she has a lot of power and she comes across as very strong will. Unless she did it of her own free will? Regardless Severus, this is the last I want to hear of her okay? Do not be harsh on her and do not, I implore you, to interrogate her any further without my permisson.'  

His eyes flashed with a mild anger and told me I as free to leave. I wanted to push it further but once he started fiddling with Fawkes i knew my time was over. My thoughts were seriously screwed up. Why couldn't I push it further? No, Dumbledore wouldn't stop me. I needed to find out what the girl wanted with Potter and his gang. I needed to prove Dumbledore wrong. I was sure there was something this Sarah girl was hiding in that pretty head of hers and I would be the one to discover it.

SARAH'S POV 

I yawned. This day seemed to never end. Lunch has just ended and here I am, sitting in History, thinking of ways to kill myself. So far, the easiest way would just be for Crade to bite me, let his venom seep into my blood and poison me. Who needed to know about the Wizard Confederation. I mean sure, if you were planning to join it then it might be of use but for someone like me, who will probably destroy it in the near future, it didn't seem that important. I smiled to myself of the thought of burning it to the ground, my eyes smoldering with malice. Oh yeah, I so belonged with my father. The teacher, some old ghost, was beyond boring. His voice was like a lullaby, taunting me with the urge to sleep. So, instead of sleeping I begun to review my day. Care of Magical Creatures wasn't too bad, apart from Draco shooting me pleading looks, begging me to join him. After that was charms. I managed to show up everyone with my ice charm, pissing off Hermione to the max. I'd always been a natural with magic, pulling off my first imperio