Chapter 6: Meeting Harry Potter

Start from the beginning

Hagrid bellowed in laughter, "Well, come on then ye' little bugger, we've got to get a move on! We're burnin' daylight 'ere!"

"Roger that!" Thomas got into one of the little passenger compartments on the side and was ready. "Onward and Upwards, Hagrid!"

"Right ye' are!" Hagrid hopped on the bike as well and ignited the engine, "Off we go!" they rode off at an impressive speed before the bike eventually took off into the sky.

Somewhere along the line, rain began pouring the closer they got to their destination, Thomas would have been soaked if not for the raincoat Hagrid passed him whilst they were on their way. When they eventually got to their destination, the giant went and knocked on the door, Thomas sent him a 'Really?' look.

"What? Too nice?" Hagrid asked as thunder bellowed in the background.

"Damn right that was too nice, knock the bloody door down!" Thomas gave him an encouraging pat on the back, "We've got ourselves a birthday boy to save!"

"Alright! Stand back then, would ye', Tommy?" Hagrid asked politely and the boy did as asked. Knocking more forcefully this time, the door fell off its hinges and the house broke into somewhat of an uproar.

"Wicked," Thomas said as he entered the house behind Hagrid, he saw Vernon with his wife in the corner of the room, shaking like a leaf in a storm, a rifle in his hands as if that could protect him, "Vernon you fat sod, did you get our letters?"

Immediately the overweight man pointed his gun, "Get out this--"

"Couldn't make us a cup o' tea, could ye'? It's not been an easy journey..." Hagrid cut off the currently pink Vernon whom was seething with rage. The giant strode over to the sofa where Dudley sat frozen with fear.

"Budge up, ye' great lump," Hagrid ushered toward the old couch.

Dudley squeaked and ran to hide behind his mother, who was crouching, terrified, behind Vernon.

"An' here's Harry!" said the giant.

Harry looked up into the fierce, wild, shadowy face of Hagrid and saw that his beetle eyes were crinkled in a smile.

"I demand that you leave at once, the both of you!" Vernon suddenly demanded, his rifle at the ready. "You are breaking and entering!"

"Ah, shut up, Dursley, ye' great prune," said the giant; he reached over the back of the sofa, jerked the gun out of Vernon's hands, bent it into a knot as easily as if it had been made of rubber, and threw it into a corner of the room.

Vernon made a funny noise, like a mouse being trodden on.

"Anyway -- Harry," said the giant, turning his back on the Dursleys, "a very happy birthday to ye'. Got somethin' fer ye' here -- I mighta sat on it at some point, but it'll taste all right."

From an inside pocket of his black overcoat he pulled a slightly squashed box. Harry opened it with trembling fingers. Inside was a large, sticky chocolate cake with 'Happy Birthday Harry' written on it in green icing.

Harry smiled, but then up at Thomas for the first time, "You!" he state excitedly, "You were that boy from the zoo!"

Tom smiled, "So, you remember me, aye?"

"Of course!" Harry grinned, "You were in trouble too, but what for?"

"Well...let's just say a certain snake and I thought it'd be best if he had a vacation," Thomas winked at Harry, whose eyes lit up in admiration.

"So that means--" Harry began, but his statement was automatically finished by Tommy whom nodded, "Cool..."

Thomas chuckled, "Thank you, also--fun fact," Thomas leaned in closer to whisper to Harry, "Today is my birthday too."