Kaminari grimaced, “The storm.”

“Are you afraid of it…?” Kaminari never really discussed his fears, so Mina didn’t know what to expect.

Kaminari shook his head, pain flashing through his eyes as Mina heard thunder cackle, “Sensory overload… Thunderstorms have a lot of electricity because of the lightning so…"

“Oh,” Mina said, “That must suck, Denks. Want a hug?” One thing that Mina found is that even though Kaminari was like a distrustful puppy, he was a touchstarved distrustful puppy. That made everything more complicated since Kaminari seemed to constantly debate whether physical contact was nice or rude. Luckily, he never directly shied away from nice contact, but Mina was always one to give him a heads-up.

Mina tried not to feel the wave of disappointment that crashed over her when Kaminari refused. “No, sorry. There’s so much electricity around me, I don’t want to accidentally shock you.”

Mina knew that accidental shocking was something Kaminari doesn’t do a lot. When he was surprised (which was rare, Mina noted-) he would shock someone to the point where their limbs lock, and then apologize profusely. So, luckily Mina understood why Kaminari rejected the hug, “That’s fine. Just tell me when you need one.”

“Thanks, Ashido.”

Kaminari’s gratitude is always sincere.

~~~

Jirou shouldn’t be so surprised that Kaminari has friends. Friends out of 1-A, that is. But Kaminari never talks about anyone , so it does unfortunately come as a shock when he does have other friends. 

Kaminari’s two friends came to pick him up from school, strangely enough, saying things like, ‘you would’ve been late to the study session!’. That, again, has Jirou shocked because Kaminari studies ?? And still manages to fail nearly every test thrown at them? Forgive her for being skeptical, but it didn’t make sense.

The two friends in question were male. One was petite and lady-like. He had bright blue eyes with equally as bright blue hair. When he smiled, he had slight fangs, which Jirou guessed was part of his quirk. Overall, the blue one looked harmless. But the other one? Not at all. The other one has a threatening smirk on his face, his slightly darker amber eyes glistened with mischief. 

Kaminari must’ve noticed Jirou staring because he smiled at her and signaled her to come over. “Karma, Nagisa, this is Jirou. Jirou, this is Karma and Nagisa.” 

The redhead stuck out his hand, “Akabane Karma.”

The blue-haired boy merely smiled timidly, “I’m Shiota Nagisa.”

Jirou shook Akabane’s hand stiffly. It was weird that Kaminari called them by their first names but then didn’t dare utter Class 1-A’s first names. Jirou concluded that they must be important people to Kaminari.

Kaminari smiled sheepishly, “I did plan to introduce them to the class one time, but everyone was busy. Unluckily,” Kaminari shot a glare at them, “They decided to drop by unannounced today.”

Akabane rolled his eyes, “ Unluckily,” He mocked.

“Karma!” Kaminari sighed, “There was absolutely no reason for this wonderful visit.”