time

The two master assassins dash away from each other, a joint goal in mind. 

They need to stop whatever Katya has planned. 

Natasha groans as she loses sight of Katya in the crowd. Now left without a lead, the redhead grabs a nearby waiter a pulls them to the side. 

She bats her eyelashes so to anyone passing by it seems like she's just flirting. One hand holds the waiter against the wall by his chest, while the other lingers by his head against the wall. 

"What were you hired for?" She hisses.

The waiter, obviously young, grows wide-eyed, "I'm just here to serve refreshments."

Natasha increases the pressure on the young waiter's chest, "Bullshit. She said things were about to pick up. What else is planned?" 

"I swear I don't know! I'm not even getting paid for this." He cries, his face growing flushed the more Natasha pushes him.

She clicks her tongue, stepping away from the young man with no new information. "Get out of here. Now." He scurries away without a second thought.

Katya watches this all from within the crowd. Her smile dwindling as she watches the poor interogating skills of the supposed black widow. 

They had all gone through the same training, Natasha longer than Katya, and yet her technique was disappointing. This was part of the reason Katya had destroyed the black widows and the red room. 

They were all so disappointing. 

When she had hired the staff for this event she had left clues of information with each individual. If someone with the proper skills put themselves to the task they would be able to piece together Katya's end goal. And yet nothing. 

All of the assassin's present were so reserved and distant. They weren't proactive and it was boring the black widow. 

Katya was bored with competing with herself. 

Bristling, Katya glances down at her timer, face splitting wide when the final seconds tick down. 

And suddenly everything goes dark. 

A panicked gasp spreads through the room as the assassin's present stumble for their weapons. Earlier, all of the drapes were drawn over the windows so now the room was plunged in pitch black nothingness. 

Hissing from several points in the room grow in volume as the darkness lingers. Waiters panic as the ties around their throats begin emitting a putrid smelling mist. 

Katya reaches into the bossom of her dress, pulling a mask over the bottom part of her face as a thin mist starts spreading through the dance floor of the room. 

Bodies begin to drop around her, not from the mist but from open wounds as assassins take advantage of the opportunity. But the few civilians scattered through the room panic and rush for the doors. Some of them become collateral as they get in the way of the killing while others brust from the confinments into the daylight. 

As the people flood out, Katya merges with the crowd, fingers gripping a trigger as she spies her targets fleeing the scene. When her last target steps into the open town square, her thumb pushes down. 

BOOM

All of the buildings surrounding the small town square implode, rubble raining down and trapping everyone in a small space.

And with no escape in sight, Katya draws her blades.  

.

.

not edited