Chapter 12 (revised)

Start from the beginning

              "Why not?" I pressed harder. My father must had to have done something insanely bad for the devil to hate him so.

            "Cannot tell. "Melinda whispered and began rearranging the tea set again. I dipped my brows and frowned. Why was everything so secretive in this place? Was everything forbidden? "He's done to many things to the Master that should not be spoken about."

            I nodded dropping the subject, seeing I was getting no where. "I had a dream," I stated bluntly and Melinda nodded, "about my mother. She told me something that I can't quite understand."

            "Misses, I am truly sorry but the master is demanding you come to his banquet right away." She interrupted and handed me diamond sprinkled barrette. "The Master, would like you to wear it. The event is semi-formal." She informed, then made her way hastily out of the living room.

              With a frown etched in my face, I made my over to the bathroom and placed the diamond barrette on sink top.

              I pulled my pajamas off my body and switched on the hot water, then cold. I stepped into the shower. Turned off the cold water, a sighed blissfully has the hot water veiled my body. Just the way I liked it even though Phil always complained about the glass fogging up. I ducked my head under the scalding water and allowed my strengthened hair to come back to natural kinky state.

          I squeezed the excess water from my hair and began to section off my hair so I could add conditioner to it. The flaming red mass Kimberly had always liked looked more like a dying rose. And Wren always called it it mutation, because no black person could naturally have red hair. It's been fading ever since I got to Hell actually.

          My frowned deepened to my feet, 'He changed our hair...our hair was originally brown like mommy's' little Charity Clove's voice rang in my ears.

              Well that's one thing I knew about the eighteen year old Charity Clove, she had brown hair. After 30 minutes of adding letting my hair with the conditioner and washed it out.

             Sighing, I jerked my blue towel off the the bath rail and wrapped it around my wet body. I planted my feet out the bath and grabbed the head towel on the rack. I quickly dried my hair and glanced in the mirror.

             Leaning closer into the mirror, I stared at my reflection picturing her with brown hair. Charity Clove.

            Sighing I focused more on my darker eyes. The last time I had checked they had turned a gold yellow, now the appeared on the chocolate side. Like a deep pools of caramel milk chocolate were dropped in them while I slept.

              I blinked twice, then turned back to the mirror and gasped. My hands flew to my mouth and I bite down onto my inside palm.

              "Don't trust him." The brunette teenager in front of me voiced. Her voice sounding more melodic than mine.

           "Chairty?" I gaped and glanced towards the door. I rushed over and clicked the lock,then turned back to my reflection. "Charity!" I yelled and but I just saw my limp red hair and brown eyes. The brown blanket and golden eyes had diasppeared, never to come back.

             I leaned more into to the mirror, trying to imagine her with brown hair again. I closed my eyes and opened them back up. My result nothing. I did it again, holding them close longer. But she never appeared. I groaned.

              I've officially gone mad. How can I think a brunette me could talk into a mirror? There is no way I can be in the mirror and here too. I mean what was I thinking? Those dreams...the little girl, they are just that--dreams. Nothing more, nothing less.