Chapter 16 (new version)

• Dedicated to To dramatic instrumentals that help me come up with this idea

                                                       Chapter 16

               I groaned and sat up again. Are you serious? Not again. 

               I looked around the green meadow. "Alright, we don't need the dramatic entrance." I called out and scanned in bewteen the trunks of the tree. "Just come out I know you're there."  

             I cranned my neck to, what I assumed is, the south of the forest and cupped my fingers over my lips. "Celeste! I'm over it." 

            There was no answer, no movement in between the trees or above. The sense of peace I had, erased forever. What am I going to do? I pondered, my head jumbled with unanswered questions again. My head ached. The only really thing I can do is wait for something to happen. I exhaled heavily, I'm helpless. 

          Swiftly I chucked myself off the floor and began walking towards the walkway I had came from the last time I was here. Just as the big toe of my sneakers touched the roots of the tree trunk something drew to my attention. Narrowing my eyes I inched closer to the area spotlighted by a sparkling light. Droplets of gold dust fell from the source of the light and twirled around in the light breeze.

          It all looked so surreal. Not even in a dream would you think that all this could take place. I inched closer to the light; just see a pool of water. Standing at the tip of the pool of water, I leaned in.

           Somehow the time in Hell had managed to change my eyes from the deep maroon it was to a light shade of golden amber. I dragged my fingers through my lighter red hair, just as a ripple sailed over the water.

           Suddenly a blurred figure appeared by my side in the reflection of the lake. I jumped up quickly my eyes darting to my left. A woman in white appeared from the trees, her walk slow a graceful—as if she were floating on air. A white tunic hung over her body shape, highlighting her familiar hair.

               A blissfully happy sound escaped my agape mouth and my feet immediately kicked into gear. I sprinted towards the woman slowly walking towards me. I lunged forward as I neared her. Our body crashed into the other, almost knocking the breath out of both of us. My lips wouldn't come down from my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and buried my face into her neck. She smelt like her favorite vanilla Bath and Body body wash. I inhaled her scent and let out a joyful laugh, full of relief. 

             "Mom. I'm so sorry." I apologized and squeezed her closer to me. "I'm so sorry."

              "There's nothing to be sorry about, Charity, honey. None of this is your fault."

             "But it is. I-I k-kiled you." I muttered, the sobs coming from me taking over my trembling body. I buried my face into her linens. "If-if-I had never..."

            "Darling, stop." My mother pushed me from her body and held onto my shoulders. Her eyes burned into mine, the blame and death glare gone. It feel nice to be held my mother again, never in my life did I think I'd get another chance. Not even in my dreams. "None of this is your fault." Rita smiled lightly.

             "Yes it is. If I hadn't left, none of this would have happened..."

             "Don't say that, Charity." She spoke sternly, like she did when I did something wrong. I smiled briefly remembering my toddler years when I was a little devil. "I've had the joy of raising you. But I knew you were alway destined for greater things than the small town life your father and I gave." With a heavy sigh Rita yanked light on one of my curls. "Go find your destiny. Do you understand?"