Thirty Seven

"Please stop." I cried, digging my nails into his arms, trying to make him stop.

There was so much pain that I couldn't hardly breathe. I blacked out once and I wish I would have stayed blacked out.

I wanted to scream but I couldn't or he'd hit me again.

All I could do was lay there and cry, feeling every ounce of pain in my lower body with every passing second.

With all the noises around me, the boys laughing and the sound of the bed hitting the wall every few seconds, I just didn't know what to do.

After another painful few minutes, the bed stopped and I felt him move away from me. I quickly got up and tried running out of the room but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You will not say a fucking word about what just happened." He held his hand over my mouth and the other around my throat. "I will kill you."

Tears were falling from my eyes as he released me and I quickly grabbed my clothes and ran out of the room crying.

_

I woke up in sweats and I couldn't hardly breathe. I looked around the room as it was still night and I laid back down on the bed as I was trying to get my breathing under control.

Placing my hands over my face, I took slow, deep breaths but nothing was working from the nightmare I just had

I sat up and looked over at my lava lamp, illuminating in the night and watching it for a moment until I looked around my room.

The LED lights were shining bright throughout my room, making me a little calm but it wasn't enough.

I still felt like I was panicking from how real that dream was. I couldn't believe that it felt as if I was back in time, going over the same terrible experience over again.

Ever since I saw Josh yesterday, I was having trouble falling asleep.

Then when I finally went to sleep, I had a nightmare about him.

Leaning up on my bed, I leaned over the headboard and looked out into the night. I saw a few street lights on that were giving the road and a few houses an illuminating glow.

Then I looked over at Dylan's and sighed. I knew she was sleeping so I won't bother her by texting her.

Plus, I never went to anyone when I had nightmares like that so I keep it to myself mostly.

I leaned away from the window then laid back on my bed and tried going back to sleep. I knew that wasn't going to happen, but something had to work.

I needed sleep.

*

"It's almost the end and I am so happy but nervous." Kyndra was messing with her hair as we were sitting outside at lunch. "I don't know what to feel."

I nod as I took a bite of my sandwich. It was definitely a weird feeling when you're almost at the end of your high school journey and you don't know what to do next.

"What are you planning on doing?" Kyndra asks.

"I'm not sure yet. I wanna go to college."

She smiles. "Let's enroll together! It'll be so fun!"

I smiled at her. "That does sound fun."

"We can get an apartment together and go to classes together!" She beamed. "Holy crap that's perfect."