𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔°

C H A P T E R 6

C H A P T E R 6

"Sangwoo, it's already 6:30. I can't stay for long, my mom would be worried if I don't come back home for dinner,"

If only I didn't say those words. If only I kept my stupid mouth shut.

Good for nothing.

"What, you a little kid or something? Can't fucking stay past dinner without your old hag's permission?" He asked from across the table without a hint of emotion. That's what scared me, how he doesn't show any expression on his face, how his eyes are dead cold and mouth stretched on a straight line.

Be angry, be sad, be mad at me! Just show me what you're feeling!

"Fuck..." He sighed out, tilting his head back and running his fingers through his hair.

"I already ordered some food and you have the fucking audacity to ask me to go home you bitch," he sneered, looking at me. At that I flinched, my eyes meeting his finally expressive ones.

They were full of hatred.

"I-" just as I opened my mouth to speak he suddenly stood up, and his large frame towered over me, I still felt small and defenceless even when there was a table in between us.

He stared down at me, a lazy grin stretching across his face.

"Fuck, you look so pathetic, I could just strangle you here right now."

Was that a joke? Will he do that?

My body started trembling, the air around me started feeling cold, as if the temperature had dropped significantly despite the heater being on from the start. My breath came out in short shallow gasps while I still tried to maintain eye contact with him, all the while the grin on his face still stayed.

In fact, it's gotten wider.

After what felt like hours, though it's only been a few seconds, he erupted in a boisterous laughter, his whole frame shaking from the force of it, and he slapped his hands against his face. His laughter boomed across the room, engulfing me like a paradox.

"You should see the look on your face, fuck! Can't even take a joke,"

At the confession, my mind cleared and I started breathing steadily again, still watching him trying to compose himself and I too started laughing awkwardly, wanting to change the air.

Ah, my underwear feels slick.

__________________________________

*KA-CLICK*

The sound of the front door opening and closing greeted the still atmosphere. Heavy footsteps sounding from the entrance was accompanied by a heavy thud, as if someone had put down a heavy backpack on the floor.

H Y U N T A E

"I'm home," as expected, no answer. I reached out to the wall beside me, rubbing for a light switch.

*CLICK* *CLICK*

No electricity.

Taking out my phone and turning on the torch light, I started walking to the living room, my boots making a heavy sound wherever I go.

Everything still looks the same even in the dim light. The furnitures all still at the same place, just like before I went for my service.

Scanning my phone all over the living room, I stopped at the furthest end of the living room, where 2 bowls were perched against the wall. Walking closer and squatting down to inspect it, my eyebrows furrowed, seeing it was Hanako's food and water bowl. The food was still there, crumbs of it mouldy and covered by spiderwebs while the water has completely evaporated. A small colony of ants had taken their place inside it.

"[F/n], when I'm gone, I expect you to take care of everything. The house, the dog, and most importantly mom. Do you understand?"

"Yes oppa, I'll take care of everything, I'll look after Hanako and mother,"

Guess that brat was good at lying too.

*CREEEK CREEEK*

What's that sound?

Standing up, I started following where the sound was coming from. There I saw mother's room with the door ajar.

*CREEEK CREEEK*

"Hello?" Putting one arm in front, I pushed open the door, and as I did, a horrible stench wafted through my nose.

There, sitting on the rocking chair was my mother. Or what's left of her. Her decaying body was moving rhythmically with the rocking chair with the help of the gusts of wind flowing by the opened window next to her.

Insects and maggots made a home of her body, the tiny creatures crawling all over her exposed flesh and bones, her dull and glassy eyes bulging out of her sockets, the only thing still intact was her long white hair, showing her age. She's still beautiful, the woman I've loved since forever.

As I looked closer, on her lap sat Hanako, who was equally as dead as her.

"Mother, I'm home,"

And like any other child who had been away for too long from their parent, I walked into the room and knelt down to embrace her. Her body was still as warm and felt like home as I remembered from all those years ago.

The only sounds in the air was the crunching of bodies and insects in between our connected bodies and the constant rocking of her rocking chair as I steadily followed the sway of it.

This is it. Just like how I remembered.

__________________________________

Ehe hi again :')
miss y'all so much <3 I've read every single comments y'all leave and it's so entertaining !

What do y'all think of the cover? I'll rly try to update the story more rather than making any more covers 💔