𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐°

[F/n] was a good girl

[F/n] was a good girl. She followed the rules and stayed out of troubles. While other students went out to hang out with their friends after school, she would go straight home. While other students would party and have fun, she would stay at home and revise for her upcoming tests. She was every parents' dream child. Someone who their parents could trust and boast to their neighbours about.

But of course, life was never perfect. Nobody was perfect. For every positive aspects, there must be some negative ones too. And [F/n]'s was her poor academic ability. No matter how much she studied and revised, she always seemed to get bad results. She barely passed her classes and barely made it to university with her academic results.

" Why are you so stupid?! "

That was below mother's expectations. Mother could never boast about her to her neighbours and friends. Even though [F/n] got into university, it just wasn't enough. Mother needed a perfect child who could score straight As and have a good reputation at the same time. What was the point of raising such kid? Sometimes she thinks that it was a waste to raise [F/n] up just to see her lack of ability.

But of course, mother had another pride and joy. And that was [F/n]'s older brother, Hyuntae. He exceeded her expectations and brought light to their family's name. A smart, sociable and bright son who was the total opposite of [F/n].

C H A P T E R 2

" Why can't you be like your brother? "

There it was. The mocking comparison I've received my whole life. It has always been Hyuntae this, Hyuntae that, and never me.

" Fuck, are you deaf? " I flinched as Sangwoo's voice increased in volume, bringing me back to reality.

Of course Sangwoo had known Hyuntae. He was a well known alumni in our university, one of the top graduated students who left a good impression amongst the staffs and students. Not long after graduating he took part in the army and still served even after his compulsory service was over. But Sangwoo hadn't known Hyuntae just by attending the same university. They used to hang out together at the local clubs and went to parties. They were really close.

I stared blankly back at Sangwoo, who had now uncrossed his arms and leaned forward slightly, making it seem as if he'd gotten closer to me. His eyes always had a familiar glint in them, like something I've encountered in my childhood. He was always so unpredictable, sometimes coming up to me and throwing degrading insults to my face. But sometimes he would ignore me and acted as if I didn't exist.

A smirk made it's way onto his face as he chuckled lowly, looking down for a second and and then fixating his gaze on me. This time, he stepped closer to me, and stopped just centimetres away.

He's so big.

I stood my ground and looked up to meet his eyes. A sigh left his lips.

" I've been really interested in you lately, senior, " he started.

" Don't you feel lucky that I'm giving you my attention even though there are many girls out there who'd kill to pique my interest? " He laughed at his own words, seemingly amused.

" Let's get to know each other more, I'm sure Hyuntae would like that his friend is getting closer to his little sister right? How about dinner at my place? " He finished with a closed eye smile.

Mother won't like me straying out at night.

I was ready to object, until he opened back his eyes, and dropped his smile, showing a malicious glint in them as if I had no choice but to agree.

" I'll see if I can, Sangwoo... " Came my soft reply.

As if a switch had been flipped, his face turned friendly as a smile stretched onto his face again, looking content with my answer.

" Great, I'll send you my address. I think it's time to go back to class now, don't you think? " And just like that he turned away from me not sparing me a glance and walked to his own direction, leaving me alone in the hallway.

I hope I made the right choice.

_________________________________

Hi, it's been so long hehe, this chapter is longer than the previous ones right? Sorry for my lack of updates and such, I'll try my best to write more and continue the story :) thank you all for your feedbacks and comments, they really do keep me going.