two

season one episode one & two ; the children of the gods . . .

colorado springs . . .

colorado . . .

A black car with Air Force flags drove up to Colonel Jack O'Neill's house, which was situated on the outskirts of Colorado Springs, stopping at the front of the home. Major Samuels got out of his car and looked up at the house before he walked up, knocking on the door. When they got no reply the Airman with him walked around the side of the house.

"Sir, there's a ladder over here." The Airman nodded. The two men climb up the ladder to O'Neill's roof, where Jack is looking through a telescope pointing to the sky.

"Colonel Jack O'Neill?" Samuels asked.

"Retired," Jack said, not looking at the Major.

"I'm Major Samuels." He introduced himself.

"Air Force?" Jack asked.

"Yes, sir, I'm the General's Executive Officer."

"Want a little piece of advice, Major? Get re-assed to NASA. That's where all the action's gonna be. Out there." Jack doesn't look at the Major once, continuing to look at the galaxy formation through his telescope.

"I'm uh, I'm under orders to bring you to see General Hammond, sir," Samuels informed him.

"Never heard of him."

"He replaced General West. He says it's important. Has to do with the Stargate." That got Jack's attention, and he looked around, interested.

outside colorado springs . . .

colorado . . .

A few miles over, a different black car pulled up outside a secluded house situated a few miles outside of Colorado Springs. The home itself is small, though not stupidly so. It's easily three bedrooms, kitchen/living room, two bathrooms, shower and bath in both. It was homely, the walls lined with all different kinds of books and pictures of the owner and her twin brother, her parents, her friends from school, her brother's achievements, her graduation from the academy. If it had any significance in their lives it was photographed and placed onto the living room wall (the only one not covered with bookcases full of books). The officer walked up to the front door and knocked, waiting patiently for a few minutes. He's about to signal for the Airman to go around back when the door swung open, revealing Former Air Force Major Mercury Jackson, now known as Professor Mercury Jackson who taught astronomy at the University of Colorado. She wasn't short, about five feet six inches barefoot, long blonde hair in two loose braids down each side of her head, a pair of black-framed glasses on her nose. She was wearing knee-length basketball shorts, an air force hoodie rolled up to the elbows and bunny slippers, wearing a brace on her right knee and left elbow. She looked nothing like the fierce Air Force Major Winters had read about, but he figured that must be the point.

"Major Jackson?" Captain Winters asked politely as if he didn't already know it was her.

"I'm retired," Mercury said blankly, raising one eyebrow.

"I'm Captain Winters." He introduced himself, ignoring that. "I'm here on behalf of General Hammond, ma'am."

"Never heard of him." Mercury turned and headed inside, directing the two men to follow. They did, following her through her home and into a room that was likely a bedroom turned home office. A computer was set up on the desk, star maps lined the walls, and one wall held photo's, qualifications etc. The desk was piled with paperwork, exam booklets in one haphazard pile, a few textbooks were strewn across the desk.