ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

She became part of the darkness.

Stumbling from one place to another to find a reasonable source of income, Alina met Saira.

A woman who used to steal people's money by defrauding. Saira kept a cover of a domestic worker or maid doing chores of middle-class households. In reality, she was a very cunning woman in her late thirties. Hacking being her expertise, info regarding every rich person living in the city found always on her fingertips, whether it's his/her private life or social. Using which she and Alina con their mark easily. Saira's only priority was stocking money and getting richer.

They say that bad company corrupts the character. You are most influenced by the company you keep and it has an impact on the decisions or choices you make.

The same happened with Alina. Saira turned her into a skilled con artist, a thief and a liar. Alina proved herself even better than her.

They targeted the ones who were trying to invest their illegal or black money and grew wealthier. Because according to Alina they couldn't report afterward. If they did, the law will ask their source of income and here obviously they'll be in a serious mess.

And now, after four years, Saira was still her partner in crime but Alina had an upper hand. She was in charge of their illegal games.

Deep down in her heart, she knew why she only hooked illegal money. Because her conscience was still alive, trying to pull her from the swamp of darkness and crimes.

But the demons from her past had full control over her life. She couldn't resist it.

And now came a new problem. The murder mystery of Mrs. Farhan and her café's guard. Alina scammed Mrs. Farhan successfully but her murder can get Alina caught. She could sense something bad coming, sixth sense warning her.

She didn't care about herself but she did care about her sister. Maryam was her only source of happiness and the innocent girl wasn't aware of her sister's business. It was easy to feed her lies because she was only fourteen. And she wasn't blind like Alina told the cops. She purposely said that to gain pity or sympathy. Yes, she was a liar.

Alina's train of thoughts halted when Saira opened the door with a loud bang, startling her. The world of imaginary thoughts she created, disappeared in thin air, tossing her back in reality.

"Can't you knock?" She asked annoyingly.

"Look, what I've found!" Saira said, not even bothering to reply Alina.

"What now?" Alina sighed and slumped herself on the chair.

"Our new target. He is new in the business but what is suspicious here? He wants to invest a large amount in business. Wanna know from where he got his damn money?" Saira said excitedly.

"Saira, you are forgetting our rule." Alina shook her head in negative.

"Oh yes, I know. No new con before two months of the old one. But this time I've got a perfect plan. I know you're worried about the murders in the cafeteria, so we will scam our last target here, in this city and then fly away. Sounds interesting?"

Alina thought for brief moments then gave up. They need to get out of here before the situation goes wild. "Okay fine. So who's our new mark?"

"This guy." Saira showed the picture of a man to Alina.

"He is associated with a smuggler group and maybe got some new achievement like money from them, so he's looking to invest it. Means, Our food." Saira smiled evilly and then both discussed the plan.

Alina's smirk grew wide as she listened to Saira and gazed at their target's profile.

Perfect.

"Our first task is today. Get ready for the introduction." Saira said.

"So, I'm a rich businesswoman, an only heir to my late father's chains of hotels in Dubai, planning to build a hotel here with someone's partnership." Alina raised her brows in amusement.

"Affirmative. And today you decided to casually enjoy the city yourself, I mean without your security. Then you accidentally hit our victim's car, and get a minor injury on the forehead. In case he tried to run away we will switch to plan B. Otherwise stick to the plan A. Clear?"

"Very much."

"Okay then get ready." Saira left her alone to prepare for the first strike.

Alina took a deep breath and went out of her room. Her steps heading towards her sister's room. Alina slowly opened the door and found Maryam sitting on her study table. She turned around probably from the sound of the door opening.

"Hey girl, what are you doing?" She asked coming near.

"Homework," Maryam replied and smiled at her elder sister.

She was the replica of their late mother. While Alina's features resembled their father.

"I'm going out for some work and I'll be back before seven. Till then don't go outside and don't try to do anything messy. Okay?" Alina asked.

"Uh– OK. But where are you going? You know I'm worried about you. I heard about the murder case." Maryam was saying hesitantly but Alina cut in. "Who told you about murder? And what?"

"Saira-"

"That untrusted woman." Alina groaned in frustration.

"Alina, she told me that there is a murder case near your boutique, so I'm worried that–" Maryam tried to talk to her sister.

"My girl, you don't have to be. It will be fine, now you'll be a good girl and stay at home until I return okay?"

"Fine." Maryam nodded. Alina gave a light hug to her left after kissing her forehead.

She came back to her room and stepped in her walk-in closet. Branded clothes and accessories occupied the whole closet, all fully expensive. She had everything. From business suits to casual wear.

After deciding what to wear she soothed her tensed muscles with a cold shower and changed into black jeans with a similar black jacket and a white knee-length top underneath. She wore a grey colored lens and black boots, applied mascara on her thick eyelashes and nude lipstick on her naturally pink lips.

Alina tied her black hairs and hid them skillfully under a cap. Then she wore a blonde bob-cut wig and finalized her looks with glasses.

Throwing a last glance at her reflection in the mirror she grabbed her phone and went out.

Saira was impatiently waiting for her in the underground parking area of her house. It was hidden and nobody knew about its existence.

Alina sat inside her Audi A3 while Saira sat in her car.

"Are you ready?" Saira's voice echoed in the earpiece.

"As always," Alina smirked and roared her car to life. "It's showtime."

♦♦♦♦♦

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hope all are doing good!

I've also updated chapter Four today...

Do vote, comment and share.