Chapter Twenty-Six: Shocking Revelations

Start from the beginning

After spending some time with Ruby, Will and Shay waved Ruby a wide goodbye and headed back home. A week had passed since they discovered about the aero suicide solution. The week had passed very quickly, and it had been very good because her mom and Nick came back.

They had given them a surprise, and it was the best surprise Shay had ever had. She had been missing her mother but didn't know she had missed her that much until she hugged her. Their friends went back to their houses, and Shay and Will had been spending time with her mom and Nick. They had been visiting George too, who had been looking even deeper into things.

But he refused to tell them what he found out. He told them that tell them after piecing everything together because he didn't want to confuse himself and them too. He'd add that he didn't want them to get in trouble, only that in this situation, in trouble would mean dying.

All of them argued that they didn't want George to get in trouble too, but George's statement had been final. Shay turned the doorknob and went inside, finding Nick sitting on the couch as he read a newspaper. He peered at her over his spectacles and smiled. "Hey Nick," Shay said as she gave him a high five. "Is mom in the kitchen?" Nick nodded, "Yup. Where's Will?"

Shay opened the door to show Nick what Will was doing. He was carefully removing the leash from Leo's neck, talking to him. Shay made her way into the kitchen, smiling at her mother as she sat on the granite countertop. Her mother's electric blue eyes met Shay's, which had dimmed considerably since the death of Shay's father. Jessica kissed her daughter's forehead tenderly, gently brushing a wisp of hair behind her ear.

Shay held onto her mother's hand when she pulled back, and her mother's grip on her hand only tightened. Jessica continued to hold her daughter's hand as she cooked. "Hey, Jessica," Will said, leaning by the kitchen's entrance.

Jessica only ruffled Will's hair in response. Will sighed and Jessica grinned. Will never liked it when someone touched his hair, only allowing his mother and Jessica to do it. Both of them abused their rights according to Will, but he never stopped them. "Where's Leo?" Shay's mom asked.

"Standing on the newspaper which was on dad's lap and not letting dad read it, refusing to sit anywhere but dad's lap," Will said with an amused grin, laughing with the other two. A sly grin crept onto Shay's mother's face, "Nick was so scared of animals, especially of dogs. You have no idea." All of them laughed when there was a shout from the living room, "You better shut up Jessica, or I'm gonna spill all your embarrassing moments of your childhood!"

"I'm not scared at all. I think you are forgetting the fact that your wife was my best friend, so I can spill all your embarrassing moments including your childhood ones, cause I don't know if you remember, my husband was your best friend."

"Ha! Well, if they would affect me, they would affect you too. My best friend was your husband and my wife was your best friend, so you are trapped too. And you forgot to add one thing, by the way, that you are my best friend since my childhood and so, yup. You reveal something about me and I would too!"

Will whispered slowly to Jessica, "It's fine. Don't mind him, tell it, tell it!" There was a shout from the hall, "Shay! You want to know what happened when your mother was a child?"

"Yesss!" Shay said as she rushed into the hall, sitting opposite Nick. "Tell me, tell me!" Shay gushed, grinning at Nick who grinned back. She was sitting at the same place she had been sitting a week ago when her friends had been watching a horror movie and were scolding the people in it for being stupid to go into the basement then spilt up. That was when they heard noises from outside, and Theo panicked, spreading his panic to others.