"Chase's uncle was possessed by an evil power inside of him. Back then, he was king of Mount Verona and ruler of this vampire clan. He was terrible, Phoebe. He killed the innocent, attacked other tribes of vampire, witches and-" He stops for a second and meets my stare from the rear-view mirror. "Werewolf."

"Chase's father couldn't stand seeing his people dying so he battled him. He tried to kill him so he would take the crown. They fought for days until one night, Chase snuck out to the very top of Mount Verona to help his father." Goddamnit, Chase.

"He found them and when he went there, his uncle must have passed on the evil spirit to him. He struck him with a dark light, hitting him right in the chest. His uncle died after that, letting Chase's father, Luke take the crown. Chase was knocked out for weeks after that. We thought he died. When he woke up, he was different. It was like we didn't even know him anymore. He was aggressive, demanding and his eyes could shift from blue to red when he was getting mad."

"The darkness is living inside him, eating him alive until it slowly devours him completely. It';s been nine years and he'd managed to tame it. His mother was always there, helping him. But then they died. Chase is slowly shifting back and turning dark again. And then he found you, his mate. He's slowly changing back now, more calm. But without you, this wouldn't happen."

He stops the car and unbuckles his seatbelt. We've reached the border. He turns back, peeking his head out from the window between us. "Phoebe, I don't think you understand how much you need to marry Chase. Without you, the darkness held inside him will grow and take over him completely. He will become like his uncle. Not merciful. Only power. Right now, his perspective is only for peace but that won't last long."

"I lied that day in the cabin. This isn't about crowning a king or the vampires will go crazy. It's about Chase not losing control. Phoebe, he will burn this world and any other that exists. Chase is one of the most powerful omens on this planet and if that monster inside of him is released-" He cuts himself there and looks deep into my eyes. "It will be the end for all life in this universe."

════ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ════

I walk up the stairs into the West Wing. My head is still racing and trying to process the information Nick had just fed me. Whoever knew such a handsome and soft vampire could possess such evil power.I mean, Chase isn't the softest person but I couldn't imagine him burning down worlds. It just didn't feel like him.

As I approached my room, I could see several servants taking out all my things and walking down the stairs. I stop in my tracks. Felix steps out from behind them and smiles when he sees me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, couldn't seem to find you." he says, walking towards me. "I want to move you to the East Wing. I want you closer to everyone. And I'm changing West Wing into something nice. Maybe a ballroom? I don't know, anything you want, little sis." He explains.

He looks around the empty space, examining every part of the room. "It's a really huge space. High ceiling and polished floor. I think a ballroom would be really good, what do you think, little sis?" He suggests. I love how he class me little sis in every sentence. Makes me feel more part of him. "Yeah, I'd love that."

He steps forward and kneels down, pulling up his hand and offering it to me. "My lady, would you join me on this beautiful day to dance with me?" He asks in a posh accent. I laugh at his silliness and place my hand above his. "It would be my pleasure." I return his accent and he grins, pulling him closer to him and bringing his other hand to my waist. My arm goes to his shoulder as his feet start to move, dragging me along with him. He laughs and shakes his head, laying it down. "This is so stupid yet precious." He laughs. "I know, this place would be an amazing ballroom." He extends his arm, pulling me out and back in, twisting me in circles.

When we finish, we sit down on the ground, looking up at the ceiling. It had these beautiful paintings and murals on it. Werewolves in their pack, travelling the world. I reach into my bag and feel something wrapped in foil. "Oh Felix! I got this for you." I say, taking my hand out with the blueberry muffin Catherine gave me. He sits up and takes it from my hand. "Thanks little sis." He smiles, opening the foil up. His eyes light up with excitement when he sees the muffin. "Blueberry muffins?" He whispers. Felix used to always bring me those when we were younger.

He takes a bite and stands up. He offers his hand down to me and I take it, bringing me up onto my feet. "Well, I really enjoyed this but I've some other tasks re-organising the castle. I would love to have dinner with you but I'm being called for a meeting with other werewolves. Lupus and you can go somewhere if you'd like. Mingle with the folks." He says.

"That would be amazing." I respond. He smiles but then it slowly fades. His hand moves down to his stomach, clutching it. "Lix, are you alright?" I ask him. His face goes sour as if he'd just digested lemons. "I'm okay. My head just started blaring, I'm gonna go and get some air, okay?" He says, moving towards the door. "Alright." I say, checking on him. He walks towards the door, stumbling on his feet. I glance at a servant taking some sheets from my room and passing it on to someone else. She meets my gaze and I glance over to Felix. She immediately moves towards him, checking if he's okay.

He turns around just before he goes through the door. "Love you, little sis."

I smile, knowing that he loves me again warms my heart. He walks through the door and as I watch it close behind him, I whisper under my breath, "I love you too, Felix."