Chapter Six- Home

Start from the beginning

Darkness never ending is what encompasses you. Your body painfully curls tightly into a ball as it is pulled apart and tightly gripped back together. You hit a floor hard, opening your eyes you realize you are in fact laying apon a celling. Vertigo hits you as you shut your eyes tightly against it. Voices speak millions upon millions, in languages that should never exist, that could not be spoke with a human tongue. You feel so weak like this so vulnerable so you force your eyes back open. You look around you with the wonderment of a child. The checkered surface you lay on was neither up nor down as staircases were abound. Builds of impossible beauty and architecture filled the spaces crowding the very air. Beings of power walked along the paths masks of all sizes covered their faces. Laughter alien in tone rang out tickling your ears with small razors. Black flooded your vision as you fell now. Stars flooded past you, endless in number. You screamed as you felt human reality confine you and with a mighty anguish thud your body was once more your prison.

You sit up screaming pulling and clawing at your own skin.
"Dr.Crow!" Dr.Brights voice rang out the sound so insignificant compared to the many you just heard. "Stop! I need a sedative! DR.CROW CAN YOU HEAR ME!"
"Let me out." You sob. "This skin it hurts! I can't breath!" You feel a needle stab threw your skin and your vision goes black again.

You hear someone calling your name Raven, yes that was your name. You open your eyes tears falling as the light assaults your eyes.
"Dr.Bright." you groan.
"Usually a women only says my name like that after a very long night." Dr.Bright says leaning over you. At least he sounded like Dr.Bright.
"I am sorry I thought you were Dr.Bright." you say weakly.
"I am." He replies. "Just with a fancy new skin." You try to make a smart ass comment but instead you vomit off to your side. The bitter sour taste of bile slips pasts your tongue as gagging and reaching noises fill the air.
"That usually happens only after someone swallows." Dr.Bright says. You give Bright the middle finger and slowly sit up wiping your mouth with your hospital gown.
"049." You pant holding your head. "Is he....alright."
"Great." Dr.Bright says. "SCP 049 only removed three bullets from his body. So sure we will go with great."
"How are you...like this" You ask looking him over. He holds up his lovecraftian locket,
"I am trapped in this wonderful horrible piece of shit." He replies checking your chart. "So how far did you get with SCP 049." You blush as you remember his lips pressed so passionately against your own.
"What did you see?" You ask.
"The end of a very lustful kiss." Dr. Bright says giving you a very sensual smile.
"That was it." You reply. Your body burns in disappointment.
"Damn it, you mean you didn't even palm him or nothing." Dr.Bright whines.
"Uh that would be a little private." You reply crossing your arms.
"Come on the pot is up to a 1000 bucks on him having a dick underneath those muscle robes." Dr.Bright wines louder. "I need money for Warhammer figurines."
"I could never do that to him." You reply frankly. "He is a gentleman."
"I got money that he is kinky AF." Dr.Bright teases.
"Asshole." You snort.
"And proud." He says. "Speaking of drilling holes. That one in your skull is closed."
"Impossible." You say feeling for the wound. You feel nothing your scalp is flawless not even a scar.
"Not for you apparently." Dr.Bright says removing his glasses. "Infact you have no scars, or evidence that you have ever been injured. For fuck sakes your hymen repaired itself." You draw your legs into chest and cringe at the thought of them touching your body without permission.
"That is not possible. I have had a boyfriend, and that fling with Dr. Williams and an affair with Sgt Carter!" You yell trembling while shaking your head. You feel sick at the knowledge they were inside you.
"The Doctor was female, and it was done in privacy." Dr.Bright says softly, "it dose not make it right but I hope it helps." You nod gently because as ridiculous as it sounds it did.
"How is this possible?" You whisper
"That was confidential until 13 hours ago, and only known to 05." A women says. She is surrounded by armed Agents.
"Dr.Crow meet 01 of 05." Dr.Bright says. "Few people get this honour so be nice. Warning she can be prickly."
"Shut up Jack." The women says lighting a cigarette. Her faded blue eyes look you over as she takes a long drag. "I knew this day would come but for christ sake, it came to fast." You can see crows feet eched deep within her skin, her suit look expensive and costum tailored. "Dr.Crow, before you lost consciousness you whispered something, can you repeat what you said?"
"Alagadda." You confirm the same ash taste sliding along your tongue but now a copper aftertaste lingered. She forces the smoke out of her lungs in a harsh breath.
"Why the truth?" 01 asks you.
"I am sure you have ways of making me tell the truth. I would rather avoid them if possible." You grimly counter.
"Smart girl." 01 says smiling. "Tell me what did 035 say to you while you were outside it's contentment cell." You pause as the conversation fills your head. Did she want to know every single word. She coughs to grab your attention one more. "A reminder Dr.Crow you were team leader in the biological warfare special forces team. I know you can remember, your trained to remember. " she says with a confident grin. Taking another long puff from her cigarette. The smell of menthol and tobacco waving over you. Taking a deep breath you say word for word what the demented voice or rather 035 said to you. She nods here and there waiting patiently for you to finish.
"When SCP 049 drilled a hole in your skull he damaged the chip keeping your anomalous powers at bay. He is being punished for his desecration currently." She tells you rubbing the side of her mouth with her ring finger.
"He didn't know." You spit angrily.
"Ignorance dose not absolve it from being punishment." She says her eyes narrowing, "you should know that." You clench your bed sheets tightly as you gritted your teeth, this shit was why you left the military.
"I don't have birth parents do I." You say.
"We do not know what entity's birthed you. You were given to the foundation by a...friend with strick instruction that you were to live among humans. The chip was installed shortly before you were placed in foster care." She said "Even your foster parents didn't know what you were." You felt a ball forming in your throat, happiness filled your heart with the knowledge that your parents love for you was real.
"Please don't hurt him." You choke out.
"So Jack was right feelings have developed between you two." She says smiling. You have never hated a smile so much in your life. "Good." Your gut dropped at the word and you suppress tears. "Unless.....Jack do you have any concerns." She ask flicking her ashes off on the floor.
"Of course I do." Dr.Bright says coldly. "Nothing like this has ever been allowed before."
"You have never been one for rules Jack, have you?" She says lighting a new cigarette with the first.
"Are you giving me free rain 01." Dr.Bright replies. She laughs out smoke along of smoke.
"Please Jack we both know what that leads to." She says. "05 will draw up restrictions and regulations, as long as their feelings are proven to be an asset to us."
"And if they stop being an asset." Dr.Bright asks his voice dark.
"Class one amnestics can be administered, they can also be moved to different sites, or..." she paused taking another long drag. "Termination of SCP 049 can be authorized."
"No!" You scream. She smiles broadly at your distress. Her eyes were so cold, so dead and yet something now glimmered within them. "Bitch." You sneer. She shrugs,
"I was called worse by Jack yestarday. Though in your position I would call myself the same." 01 replies.
"What do you want from me." You ask.
"That is the million dollar question." 01 snickers. "You seem to have a magic ticket Dr.Crow, one SCP 049 lost and SCP 035 had stolen from him. You are going to be our secret weapon when we go back to Alagadda. So your going to keep up with your good behavior and your going to keep listening as well as you have been."
"01 maybe her privileges could be extended pending review?" Dr.Bright suggest.
"Will you accept full responsibility for her actions?" 01 asks.
"Yes." Dr.Bright says. She shakes her head chuckling,
"Looks like you just gave her the job of being your assistant, Jack." 01 replies.
"I have told 05 before I don't need an assistant." Dr.Bright says firmly
"Dr.Crow I will see if I can't secure you a regular paycheck for your troubles. Lord knows you will have plenty." 01 says eyeing Dr.Bright who glares daggers at her. Your shoulders feel heavy, your stomach weak. You lay back in your bed wishing like hell you could just wake up, but then 049 would not be real. "Questions." 01 says stepping out her cigarette.
"When can I see him again?" You ask.
"Him?" She asks raising her eye brow. Gritting your teeth you clarify,
"049." You reply.
"I am sorry pardon." She says stressing her words.
"Scp 049." You spit at her the words feeling foul.
"Now if you want." 01 says checking a tablet brought to her. His punishment ended 5 hours ago."
"Please." You say softly looking away.