Chapter Thirty Three - Without me

M I N Y O U N G

Waking up felt a little harder today after yesterday with Haechan, the scene replaying in my head as we parted ways...

"Minyoungie~" Jaemin says from his side of the pillow wall on my bed. I let out a soft sigh and pretend I'm sleeping, "I can tell you're awake, what should we do to pass the time while the other dreamies wake up? Hmm~"

My eyes just about bulged out of my head when his sweet and raspy morning voice comes out. I immediately jump up, grab one of the pillows in between us and smack him with it.

"Pillow fight? Not the kind of pillow talk I was expecting" he laughs as he rips it out of my hands easily and hits me back with it. I don't know if he realized how much force he had behind it, or he did and this was his plan. I fell back with the blow, landing on the floor with a thud.

"Minyoungie! I'm sorry!" He shrieks as he lunges forwards to help me up, somehow getting caught in the blankets and all I can see is his face falling closer to min— DID OUR LIPS JUST TOUCH?!

The bedroom door flings open, the dreamies looks of concern quickly turning into one of disgust upon seeing our lips on one another. Before I know it and Jaemin could get off Jeno had already snapped a picture. "Now we know why Jaemin always dibs the bed" Jeno smirks as he wiggles his phone and runs.

"You asshole get back here!" Jaemin yells as he climbs off of me in a flustered panic and chasing after his usual partner in crime.

"Guys that's not what it looked like" I warned Chenle, Renjun and Jisung. Renjun looked understanding however the younger two...

"Are you and Jaemin dating now?" They ask in unison, looking at one another in awe like they read each others minds.

"No! It happened by mistake, I fell off the bed and he got caught in the blankets trying to help and somehow we ended up like that... don't ask me I don't know how" I explain, gathering myself and the blankets off of the floor.

"Suuuure" they both giggle and leave, whispering amongst themselves. Do doubt gossiping about what just happened. I just hope it doesn't get back to Haechan. But why should I care?

"Don't worry Minyoung, I believe you." Renjun says to me as he helps pick up the pillows that fell off the bed as well.

"I honestly don't know if I could date an idol, that's half of the fear. If I do they'll have to leave me at some point and it's not like it could be official unless they were in the business for a while and fan's approval means so much" I ramble on and on, playing with the edge on the blanket.

"-I get it. You don't want to be abandoned again. That's totally reasonable. He's selfish for thinking of putting you under all that stress again. We all saw what it did to you last time" he looks at me knowingly. I guess Haechan opened up to someone about it...

I sigh, a weight being lifted off of my shoulders as there was someone who could understand my position.

"It also doesn't help that I'm a little bit older, not by much but I wouldn't want fans to think I groomed anyone into that" I huff. Why did life turn out so complicated.

I didn't have to make my life this complicated. I guess I was just hoping to chase him down to get him in my life again... maybe this wasn't the path for me. It's too stressful. What if I just moved and started a little business of my own, I used to bake a lot in my free time. I could start a little bakery.. or a cafe. A cat cafe? That would be so cute, the dream.

The snapping in front of my face tubes me out of my thoughts, I look up at the culprit and it's none other than Jaemin smiling back at me. "You okay?" He asks, "Renjun came to get me because he was concerned when you zoned out so hard after your guys' conversation"