Chapter Twenty Seven

M I N Y O U N G

    It felt like my body was on fire when I sat next to him in the van, my whole side was pressed up against him and there was no escape.

     After all those years of not hearing from him I was suddenly pressed right up against him.

    Weird enough though my body wanted to be closer, but my heart and mind disagreed.

    "Alright so let's get started" I clap my hands together as I look into the mirror, "oh wait, Haechan you don't know the dance do you"

    It was hard to say something to him first, and it seemed like he wasn't even guilty about all the pain he caused me.

    He shakes his head as he stretches, a bit surprised I didn't use formalities.

    "Okay, those of you that do know it can go practice in the room next door. I trust you guys will be on task right?" I raise my eyebrows at the other five.

They all nod, "yes Noona"

    "If I catch you slacking off or goofing around I'll make you do drills.. don't test me" I look them all dead in the eyes.

    I used to be a drill fanatic, I loved how they made your muscles burn in a short amount of time.

    "Noona.. you've gotten scarier over the years" Chenle shudders, hiding slightly behind Jisung.

    "Life will do that to you, now get outta here you goofs" I shake my head with a small laugh as they just about sprint out of the door.

    Once it's closed I turn to look at Haechan, "okay now let's get started" I smile at him.

    I first start off by showing him the first part of the dance I created for their unreleased song Boom. I heard that preforming for them first would help them learn it faster so I figured I would try it out and it worked pretty well for the other 5.

    I take a shakey breath as the music starts, feeling quite nervous. I mean who wouldn't be nervous to dance in front of their ex boyfriend after years of not seeing nor talking to them?

    Haechan claps when I finish the segment, I smile and curtesy before pausing the music.

    "Okay now lets go through the explanation."

    We worked methodically together getting the dance down pact, "okay stay here and continue practicing while I go get the others"

    I make my way into the hall, leaning against the wall to catch my breath. Not from dancing, I do that all of the time. It was from being alone with him for so long after all these years of me crying over him.

    I know I keep bringing that point up that it's been years but it's a lot to take in for me right now. Especially with Jaemin being.. Jaemin. I don't know if he's into me or not.

    I suddenly stop thinking when I don't hear the music coming from the second practice room I was given authorization over.

     I tip toe closer to the door, I hear all of their giggles from inside. "But what if Noona comes in? We'll be dead" I hear Jisung worry, most likely still involved in whatever they're doing.

    I barge in, "you're right Jisung, you guys will be dead" I say, making my voice deeper and a dark aura surrounding me as I give them a sinisterly smile.

    They all stopped dead in their tracks, looking like deer in headlights. If this were an anime they'd have that animated sweat all over their faces.

    "What did I tell you guys?" I ask, crossing my arms as I observe them. It looks like they were playing that game of tag where some of them are blindfolded and others aren't.

    "That if you caught us slacking or goofing off that you would make us do drills" Chenle hangs his head low in shame.

    "If you guys are gonna goof off make sure you don't get cause you idiots, maybe you should've locked the door or at least had the music playing so I wouldn't get suspicious" I roll my eyes and step aside, "now go to the other room, I'm gonna teach the positions now"

    "Ooo the positions" Jeno wiggles his eyebrows as he quickly leaves the room, knowing that he'd get a smack to the head if he were any slower.

    "Goddammit" I shake my head, when did he get so dirty minded? Who taught him all of this stuff?

    Once they're all out I pick up anything that was knocked down or out of place, turn off the lights and close the door.

    I enter the room I was just previously in and head to the front, "okay I'll let you guys practice the dance all together and when I think you've got it down I'll teach the positioning of everyone"

    "Yes Noona" they all say in unison, all of them creating space in between themselves so they can move their bodies freely.

    I press play on my phone, sitting down in my chair so I could observe them. What's cool about being their personal choreographer is that I get all their songs way before the release.

    I take turns looking at each of them, writing things down like where they could improve and where they exceeded at.

    My eyes getting stuck on Haechan instinctively I guess. He's changed a lot and barely at all at the same time.

    Haechan has the same features I once knew so well just grown out and mature, his body type is relatively the same as well. I can't really pick up on any differences in his personality, he's been joking around like he used to however he's been avoiding me a lot.

    If I gave him advice on the angle of some of his moves of on the timing he'd just nod silently and correct himself quickly.

    I understand though. I would probably act in the same way if I were him, but I'm not and I still want an apology. Or at least his reasons...

    My face heats up when his eyes catch mine, his brown orbs seemingly trapping my own. Silent words begging to be said but are silenced by the broken connection between us.

    Why? Why did you hurt me? Did I do something wrong? Did I accidentally push him away? Was it my fault? I miss you..

    "Noona?" I snap out of my head when Jisungs voice appears beside me. I look up at the younger, his puppy dog eyes seemingly dancing.

    Some people have sparkly eyes, some have dull lifeless eyes and some have eyes that scream mischief. However Jisungs look like they want to be dancing, you could really tell it was his passion.

    "Yes Jisungie?" I smile warmly up at him, showing him the affection an older sister would give to her innocent younger brother.

    "C-can I talk to you in the hall?" He asks, hesitant about asking me.

    "Sure. Yo! Keep dancing. I'll be back in a few" I call out to the other dreamies.

    Once we're out in the hall and a safe distance away from the door, Jisung turns to me.

"He cried every night"

    My eyes widen as I was taken aback, "who?"

    "Haechan-Hyung. He wrote you letters every day too, even if he never sent them he still addressed them to you. He even seriously considered breaking the contract and going to you" He says to me, sadness filling his eyes. You could tell he never thought he'd see Haechan in that state.

    My heart stops and skips a beat when it resumes. He wrote me letters?

    "How do you know this?" I ask, hoping Jisung didn't violate Heachans privacy.

    "I found him sleeping at his desk and the box was right next to him, out for anyone to see. I don't think I was the only one.. but that's not important" he sighs, "I wanted to tell you, because I think you needed to know that he was suffering too"