Chapter 2: Glass Shards

Start from the beginning

He guessed it was because he was so thin and small or the fact the person who gave it to him was an adult. Him. He was so kind. Izuku can't really remember his name, it'd been so long and he didn't think he even told the greenette his name. He remembers Present Mic, though. He made yummy stir fry for him and complimented his analysis skills.

His analysis.

The reason he was trapped in that room in the first place.

Because he was such a dumbass that he left full blown analysis of random people, some actual heroes, in restaurants and other public places for anyone to pick up. For Kurogiri to pick up.

Izuku fiddled his hands with the shock collar. It fit snugly, if not tightly, at his neck. He loathed it with all his being.

Especially the person who put it on him.

Like he was some sort of pet dog.

The worst part was that he couldn't pull at it or it'd shock him and alert Shigaraki. It also shocked him when he left the perimeter of the bar without Shigaraki, but that never happened. He's tried to escape before but was caught before he even made it to the door.

Punishments were always hard.

Shigaraki had a remote control for the collar and could shock him whenever he wanted. For punishment it was just one whole mess of pain. From the collar and getting beat up at the same time, sometimes they did it just for laughs and said it was because Izuku had been bad.

It left him tired and drained of all happiness. At that point he couldn't really remember what it felt to be happy. He knew he was happy with Present Mic and that other hero.

Maybe they forgot about him?

We're they looking for him?

Izuku snuggled up with the beat up and tattered stuffed bear beside it. It was something Kurogiri gave him when he was little because he had been good about following orders. Kurogiri might've been the only one who kept him sane, really.

He would sneak into Izuku's cell with books when Shigaraki was gone and teach Izuku to be smarter. He learned math and science and reading and all kinds of things from the books.

Kurogiri didn't tell him what level of learning he was at. All he told him was that he had to keep getting smarter if he was going to be useful to the League.

Izuku ignored the why.

He liked to think Kurogiri was teaching him because he actually cared.

The green haired boy stroked the head of the dirty bear and hugged it closely. He didn't want to loose it.

Sometimes he would use the bear as a pillow because he didn't have one. The bear didn't mind obviously, it was a stuffed bear.

The darkness creeped around him, consuming him whole like a blanket. He wasn't afraid of the dark anymore. The darkness kept Shigaraki away from him.

That was until he heard the door unlock from the outside. It opened with a creak and the hallway light flooded in. It painted the walls and showed new colors of dark red dried blood and dirt.

Shigaraki stood at the threshold of his cell with a wide and sinister smile. "Good morning, brat," He spoke.

Izuku scrambled to the corner of cell with his legs curled into himself in a weak attempt of defense. The man walked in a step and was already standing in the middle of the room. It was a very small cell.

He reached down and gripped Izuku by his now long curly hair and dragged him outside and into the bar, making sure to only use four fingers. No customers were there, just him, Shigaraki, and Kurogiri. The man of purple mist stood behind the bar, with his signature blank face as Shigaraki threw him onto the floor.