Taehyung nodded, humming in response. "They are the most sensitive part of us.."

That was the moment that they stared at each other. The tailed knew what the human wanted to ask, not having failed to notice his eyes staring at his tail once again.

Jeongguk bit his lip, his fingers almost itching to reach out. He glanced back up at the merman nervously, stuttering when he spoke up.

"May I touch your─ Ah, it's okay.. Nevermind, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything.."

Secretly, very deep down, Taehyung wasn't going to admit it─ but he was just as curious to feel the sensation of having his tail touched.

So, he reassured Jeongguk.
"No! It's okay! You may.." With that, he watched as Jeongguk's hand inched closer and closer, until he felt the most gentle fingertips tracing his scales.

"It feels so strange and unfamiliar, but it's so special. I'm completely blown away, really."

Jeongguk softly stroked Taehyung's tail, making the merman feel strangely comfortable. Unbeknownst to the both of them, the merman's pupils dilated at the action.

In the mer-world, it's very unlikely for mermen of mermaids to touch each other. Anything that lasts longer than a three-second hug, is found wierd, unless the individuals are in a relationship. It doesn't happen otherwise.

When the most sensitive parts of a mer-person is touched, it feels really good. It's something that one seeks comfort in and makes them trust someone else more. Taehyung has heard about it by those who are in a relationship, but was always left wondering afterwards.

Taehyung closed his eyes, the touch of the human created a soft and almost ticklish feeling. Goosebumps formed on his arms.
It was nice. It felt oddly right.

Jeongguk then noticed Taehyung closing his eyes, so he immediately removed his hand, worrying he did something wrong.

"Oh, sorry, that must've been wierd. Did I hurt you or make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry, again.."

The merman just shook his head, his previously dilated pupils going back to normal.

"It felt nice.." He whispered as if it was a secret, not wanting the human to hear.

He did, however, and almost blushed. His heart beated loudly inside his chest. This merman really is out of this world.

"I─ I think I need to go back.." Taehyung said, turning his head to look at the water. His tail was getting dry and he doesn't want Hoseok to get mad and suspicious, again.

He looked back at the human who had a sad expression on his face. Taehyung felt guilty.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could stay longer, but I really can't." Taehyung added with that soft voice of his, almost creating the same goosebumps on Jeongguk's arms.

"Wait, I'll help you to get back into the water.." Jeongguk stood up and dusted his pants, before getting even closer to Taehyung who was looking up at him with big eyes.

The human bends down and lifts Taehyung bridal style, noticing how the merman shuddered at the sudden skin contact and the feeling of having an arm around his tail. It was all foreign to him, including this sudden move, but for some reason he wasn't scared at all. It actually felt good to be so close to Jeongguk.

It felt like Taehyung needed to have someone close, to be held. It made him feel safe and protected, and that person who made him feel that this very moment, was supposed to be their biggest enemy.

Jeongguk didn't miss how soft Taehyung's skin is, before slowly putting him back in the water. He didn't even care about his pants getting soaked. "Your tail is heavier than expected." He laughed.

The cold water that engulfed Taehyung's tail made him sigh in content. Even though deep within, he secretly somehow wishes he could just stay in his arms for some longer.

Now registering the human's words, he bit his lip, his hand immediately reaching for his fin once again.

"Oh! If I'm heavy, you shouldn't have picked me up, I could've just pulled myself back in."

Making another mental note to himself, the human was going to make sure to be more careful with his words in the future. He was only admiring him, he didn't mean it like that. He wasn't supposed to make him insecure.

"No, no! Don't worry, you're not that heavy either, I didn't mean it like that. I just─ I was amazed. That's all."

Taehyung giggled at that, a blush hidden in the darkness of the night. "Alright, Mr. Amazed, I'll see you tomorrow."

Not even letting the human answer, Taehyung disappeared back under water with his rapidly beating heart.

"I can't wait for tomorrow, Taehyung-ah."