She was trying to control her tears. This much distrust? Where was her Ahmer who would listen to everything she had to say with an open mind.

"Here my sister is having nightmares and is lying lifeless and that so called brother of yours is hiding somewhere enjoying his life with that other woman. And you all are defending him!"

"I never defended him, Ahmer!"

"Funny, You are saving him but not defending him."

She didn't know how to make him believe her intentions were not bad.

"It is right, what they say. People are bound to break your trust sooner or later. No matter what."

"Ahmer, Please! I didn't break your trust! I.."

"Go, Waniya! Just go. I'm not in a right state of mind right now."

She shook her head vigorously. She couldn't go leaving him like this. She had to make it clear to him.

"Ahmer Just once Lis..."

"I SAID GO!!!"

He had shouted at her making her shudder. In all these years, he had never ever raised his voice at her and today his one shout had told her where they had come.

"Just. Go."

She took few steps back in complete shock. Wiping her tears and giving an accusing look to him left from there when the cabin door closed with a bang behind her.

And she felt this wasn't just his cabin door.

He had closed the door of his heart for her as well.

__________________

Waniya twisted her hand in his but his hold was firm as he looked straight at his mother.

"There's a limit to everything, Mom. Waniya has had enough. You will not say anything to her."

The way his eyes gleamed dangerously scared Alishba who had her breaths stopped hearing him saying that with finality in his voice.

Yumna looked at Ahmer warily eyeing the way he was holding Waniya's hand as if to never let go.

"And what about the trauma my daughter went through in that house she comes from?"

She had pointed at Waniya who was looking ahead with glassy eyes.

"The great family! The son goes around having illicit relationships even after being married to prove he is a man and the daughter having a full-fledged love story even before marrying. The upbringing deserves claps."

This was a low blow. Ahmer couldn't believe it was his mother spewing this hate.

"Then what about my upbringing?"

Yumna stopped. The fire in Ahmer's eyes was matching hers. He was her son only after all.

"If Waniya let go of her values as you are accusing her of, then i did it too. We both had fallen for each other before even getting married. Does it tell that you didn't preach me good values either?"