However, Parvathi was not as smart as her husband. She was furious with her granddaughter's demand. Her fury reached the limit when her husband allowed her granddaughter to do as she pleases. This did not go well Parvathi. She blasted at Ragini without thinking about the consequences.

Parvathi: What nonsense. You will do no such thing. If damadji says yes, then you will say yes too. This is my final decision.

This hurt Ragini very much. She always believed that her grandparents loved her a lot. But now she was forced to reanalyse her position in her dadisa's life and mind. Though upset, Ragini decided to stand for herself.

Ragini: But, dadisa, how will I be happy if I don't like him? I won't marry if I don't like him and this is my final decision. I won't change it for anyone.

Parvathi was furious at Ragini for answering back to her. She raised her hand to slap Ragini, but Deendayal held her hand. He knew that Parvathi is pushing Ragini too much. He didn't want that and hence, he intervened.

Deendayal: Stop it, Parvathi. This is her life. Let her decide for herself.

Shocked would be an understatement to describe Parvathi's state. Before she could retaliate, Ragini dropped the next bomb.

Ragini: Dadaji, I want to work.

Deendayal: WHAT?

Parvathi was agitated and wanted to slap Ragini. But she thought her husband will do the honours. She smirked and waited for some action.

Ragini: Dadaji, I know you have been reserved about letting women work. But Dadaji, zamana badal gaya hain (The world has changed). I want to work for myself. I want to enjoy my life. Jeevit rehkar kya karen jab ham jee hi nahi rahe hain? (What is the point of surviving if I can't live my life?) Dadaji, my friend Preeti said that Music Academy has a vacancy for Sitar teacher. I will love doing it. Please Dadaji, let me give an interview.

Deendayal was lost in thoughts. He always knew that Ragini was very talented. Her professors had always urged Deendayal to let her continue her profession. He used to ignore those initially. But whenever he saw Ragini practising, he used to wonder whether he was doing something wrong. There was always a glow on Ragini's face whenever she was practising. He decided that he will do anything for his granddaughter's happiness.

Deendayal: Theek hain, Laado. (OK, Laado). You can work. (turning towards Parvathi) My decision is final.

He patted Ragini's cheek and left. Parvathi left behind him to question him. Shekar was happy with the turn of events. He hugged his daughter happily and blessed her. He then left to his room. A very happy Ragini went to her room and informed Preethi about her decision to work. Preethi instructed her to come early the next day for the interview. Ragini thanked her friend. With a bright smile, she messaged Swara what happened. Swara congratulated her profusely and helped her with her interview answers. Ragini then went to sleep after praying to God to give her confidence for her interview.

Next morning - Maheshwari House

Sanskar reached the dining room to find his mom and Badi ma busy with some conversation. He moved a little closer to hear Sujatha something.

Sujatha: Jiji, I think we should say yes.

Annapurna: Sujatha, we must first talk to Sanskar.

Sanskar: Ma, Badi ma, what happened? What do you have to talk to me about?

Sanskar was worried that something happened. He never saw them this worried. Sujatha and Annapurna felt blessed to see their son worrying for them. They wanted him to be happy. They decided something and were discussing the same before Sanskar arrived. Sujatha wanted to reveal something to her son. But she was scared. She looked at Annapurna, who nodded her head.