"Well... When a werewolf turns 15, they are able to turn into a full fledged wolf. Dezmin lasted for an entire year and a half. Until today." she said, pacing back and forth the hall.

"So how close is it? Do you have any idea?"

She nodded. "Tonight. Most likely."

A lightning struck and for a moment l thought l heard a howl. But it was probably my imagination because l felt the ground underneath me shake. And it wasn't just a little shake. More like a ground breaking thrust. The walls of the school started to crumble. Leah shrieked and l was panicking. l remembered Dezmin and Liam in the nurse's room so l grabbed Leah's hand and ran for the office. Opening the door, l shoved Leah inside and closed it. l saw Liam protectively holding Dezmin who was still asleep.

"Is this an earthquake?!" he shouted over the noise of the crumbling earth. l nodded as l told the three of them to go stay as close together as possible. As l went to join them as well, the ground shook harder than it had before and Dezmin slipped out of Liam's grasp. The ground shook open and l saw that Dezmin was gonna fall. My hands instinctively reached out and grabbed him. The next thing l remember was Dezmin's weight pulling me towards the crack and Leah and Liam's calls as everything went black.

***

"Rou?" l heard a faint voice whisper.

"Wake up." l was shook awake by Dezmin grasping my shoulders. l slowly got up, rubbing my head. "Where are we?" l asked him, eyeing the surroundings. lt was all rocks, above and around us. lt looked like the ground had caved in on us. "No idea." he replied. He got up and walked around. There was quite a bit of space underneath the school, which l'm assuming is where we are.

"Oh, shit." l said. Then l remembered. Leah and Liam.

"What?" Dezmin asked, noticing my curse.

"Leah and Liam."

"What about them?"

"They were with us before the earthquake happened."

Dezmin looked at me wide blue eyed. "Are you sure?" he asked and l nodded. "But they weren't here when l woke up!" this time, he swore and started pacing around. As he was walking, he bumped into the wall, and in his mood, he was quite angry at the wall being there, so he punched it. The wall cracked under his touch. Now, that wasn't the first time l had seen his display of strength. l remember. lt was in my first year of high school.

Flashback:

"Hey!" a voice behind me said. l turned to see a tall, rough looking guy towering over me. One look at his face and l immediately regretted taking this way home.

"What?" l asked him, making sure my voice didn't crack underneath my fear.

"You just happen to be walking on my turf." he said. "Usually, l'd just get one of my guys to kick you out, but you're a cute one, you know?" l cursed in my head. They were the guys that made with any person, guy or girl, regardless of anything, as long as the person was good looking. l was frozen with fear as l felt his hands through my light brown hair. "Green eyes, eh?" he said. "Don't see that often."

"Mitchel."

The guy in front of me turned around and l saw him quivering. "S-sir." he said. "Hello."

The stranger made his way to pull out the man in front of me and snarl, "l gave you specific instructions not to make trouble. So why am l catching you fooling around?"

The man l assumed was Mitchel, scoffed. "Just cause the boss likes you doesn't mean you can tell me what to do. After all, the difference between us is great, isn't it? l mean, l am bigger and older than you are, after all."