I allowed my eyes to flutter close as I prepared for the invasion of his essence. When his hands eased up my arms, my knees became more pliant than rubber. On a mission, they worked their way across my shoulders and up my neck until his fingers tangled in my hair. Gently, the pads of his fingers massaged my scalp as his lips descended upon mind. The moment our mouths connected my body slid against his with even less consistency than melted butter in a frying pan. His lips dominated mine with absolute authority that demanded complete submission.

The pulsing between my legs lent my hands the courage they needed to slide up his chest to manipulate the buttons on his shirt. Popping them, one by one. Breaking the kiss, Antonio grabbed my hands and held them against his chest. Still reeling in my lust, I watched him through a red haze as he gasped for air, his own hands trembling over mine. Finally after a  few minutes, he once again became capable of speech.

"Not like this Angel. Not like this." His words, fell from his lips as if they were choked out of him.

At that moment lights from Kenyon's car turn into the construction site. Antonio gave me one last peck on the lips and then stepped away from me, taking the heat from his body with him.

Kenyon pulled up alongside Douglas's car, when he got out of his car he looked down at a still unconscious Willoughby and Martinez.

"What the hell happened here?" He asked tearing his gaze away from Willoughby and Martinez so he could stare at Antonio.

"They tried to kill us," he explained, slipping his arm around my waist drawing me near.

"What?" Kenyon asked stunned.

"Yeah they bombed my car and then when that didn't work they followed Douglas from the scene when he'd left to run us home. They flashed their lights to get him to pull over and when he wouldn't hand me over willingly they shot him in the head at point blank range and stuffed his body in the trunk of a car they were driving," Antonio said, his voice thick with emotion.

"Don't believe that shit Michaels-" Willoughby began finally regaining consciousness. Antonio gently moved me to the side and calmly took Martinez gun out of his waist band and bashed Willoughby in the head with it causing him to lose consciousness again.

He then wiped his prints from the gun with his shirt and kicked Martinez over. Grabbing his right hand, that was still tied to his feet, he placed Martinez's hand around the gun. He even ran the detective's finger over the cradle of the trigger. When Martinez groaned and showed signs of coming around Antonio pulled the handkerchief out of his suit pocket. He then wrapped it around the gun, Martinez still held in his right hand, before snatching it away and bashing Martinez over the head.

Unable to resist, he delivered one final kick to Martinez's abdomen, no doubt breaking a couple of ribs process. Afterwards Antonio walked back to the car and tossed the gun through the open car window onto the seat.

"Let's go." Antonio said grabbing my hand and leading me over to Kenyon's car. Kenyon still shocked by the whole scene, stood there a couple of seconds longer, and then followed me and Antonio back to his car. He opened the back door for me, and then climbed into the passenger seat. Kenyon then crank the car and pulled away from the construction site. When we pulled onto the main road that headed back to the city, I breathed a sigh of relief. We passed by a convenient store that was closed about two miles away from the construction site and Antonio directed Kenyon to stop.

Antonio jumped out of the car and jogged over to the pay phone that stood at the edge of the store property. He stayed on the phone about thirty seconds and then sprinted back to the car after he finished using it.

Once back in the car he told Kenyon to drive, which were instructions that Kenyon was only too happy to follow. We rode in silence until we entered the city limits.