~Roses~ (alemike)

no one request, me had dream

tw- hanahaki disease, mentions of bl00d, bullying, death, a little bit of startears. this is super sad & angst. it's also pretty long.

~mike's pov~

He wasn't at school today. I'm so worried about my best friend. I Facetime him, hoping it's just a stomach bug or something. He picks up. It's just a black screen.

"Hi Mike.."

"Where were you today?! And why can't I see you?"

"Oh just- I'll show you.." I see the camera pick up, and there's him in front of me. Roses growing out of his face.

"No-"

"Yeah.." He coughs for a moment and a flower petal along with some blood is in his hand.

"I'm so sorry."

"N-No, it isn't your fault!"

"Who did this to you then?! Was it Heather?! I'll have Mal kick her ass."

"No, I'm not even too sure who it is. But it isn't Heather."

"Well, I have to go do homework. See ya later."

"Mhm.."

~alejandro's pov~

Heather by Conan Gray plays as I try to pick off these flowers. After that super awkward Facetime call, I feel obligated to go to school. I pick off all the petals, and the stems are hardly noticeable.

"Hey Mamá?"

"Yes darling?" She comes into my room.

"They went away!"

"That's good sweetie. I'll call the school!"

Sadly though, they don't just go away. But mamá doesn't know that.

    •time skip brought to you by cheese•

I pulled on my uniform, and got ready. I cough up a few, making sure to be quiet. I walk to school. My friends are in the courtyard. Mike, his girlfriend Zoey, and a few others. I just kinda lean on the wall by them.

"Alejandro?! I thought you had it!"

"Surprise. It went away last night!"

"That's awesome! So who's the lucky lady?"

"I still have no idea." But you do. I feel a flower coming up. "I have to run. See you in first period." I run to the bathroom and cough up a few petals. It's getting more frequent. Shit. I touch the side of my face. Another flower is growing. I can't hide this. Justin and Scott walk in.

"Oh my god. Wait. I thought you were a womanizer Aleblandro." Justin laughs.

"Shut up! I'm trying to deal with the fact that any second I could die."

"Oh please. You're over reacting." Scott chuckles. I pick of the flower petals again.  A vine exhales itself from my throat. Thorns and all. I feel my throat getting ripped up.

"I heard from a little birdy that only hopeless romantics get roses. It's extra punishment. You should just go in and have the surgery. You still have a chance." I shake my head. Me and Mike swore on our mother's lives that we would never have the surgery. More flowers get thrown up all over the floor. I run out of the bathroom and to my first period class. There's blood all over the shirt of my uniform. I needed to say goodbye to him.

"You're late." The teacher yells. Then she looks at me and screams. I run to Mike. I needed to say one thing.

"Mike, I love you-"

It all goes black.

~mike's pov~

He died. He just died. How was I so stupid! Of course it was me! I ignored all the signs! Tears drip from my eyes.

"N-No. He's gone. HE'S GONE!" I just stare in bewilderment. I keep screaming about the fact that he's gone. I kneeled down by his dead body. I picked a rose off his face, and stuffed it in my pocket.

"You're favorite flowers were always roses." I said while weeping. I put his hand to my face, hoping I could pull a Rapunzel and bring him back.

"Mike, you may want to check this out." Gwen said. I follow her down to the bathroom. I walk inside, and there's flower petals everywhere. Blood, vines, and the stupid red petals. The tears stop and then fall again. This time with a twinkle sound as they fell on my face. I deserve so much worse than star tears however.

"I'm so sorry Mikey." Zoey said while behind me.

"Roses were always his favorite.." That's all I could say.

~                                                               ~

i'm sorry 😭

<716 words>