~I Missed You~ (duncney)

requested by SillyKittyUwU
post-show

~Courtney's pov~

I was walking into town to get the things needed my dinner. I'm currently a law student, graduating in about a year. I just need tomatoes. I take my tomatoes and go to the register.

"Do you need a bag?" the gentleman at the counter says.

"No thank you." I put my credit card into the slot.

"This may sound weird, but have you ever competed on a reality show?"

"Yes in fact, I competed on four seasons of Total Drama."

"Princess?!" For the first time in years I was met with the face of my ex boyfriend who cheated on me. Duncan.

"I need to get home."

"Princess!"

He ran from the register as I'm trying to get out of the store.

"Princess, please."

I turn around. I got a real good look at him. He looked homeless, with a stubble that looked like he hadn't shaved in a while. The same teal eyes that I obsessed over for years.

"Duncan, I really do not want to talk to you right now!"

"Courtney! Come back!"

It started raining.

"Duncan, leave me alone!"

"Please Court. We need to talk."

"Duncan, I have more important things to do than to associate with you."

"Please Court. I just got evicted and I don't have a phone. I would really appreciate it if you would just let me make a phone call!"

"No. Duncan, I told you-"

"Please. I don't know what else you want me to do! I'm homeless and working for less than minimum wage at a stupid grocery store. I would really just like to call Geoff, please." He breaks down in the grocery store parking lot.

"Geoff lives in the US now.. Fine! You can crash on my couch for one night, but that's it!" His teal eyes lit up.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He runs up and hugs me. I let m'y guard down, and hug him back.

"I missed you Court." I sigh.

"I missed you too ogre.."

~                                                               ~

thank you and goodnight

<344 words>