One of The Boys

1998- NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT

The wind howled as gusts of snow beat against the door of Julian's garage where he, his four bandmates, and Ana lazed around with nothing to do. They usually would have gone out and done something on a Friday night, but Julian's mother prohibited him from driving when it was snowing, so they were stuck with nothing to do, nowhere to go.

"Ughhhh, I'm so boreddd," Fab droned, staring up into the ceiling of Julian's garage.

"What, you think you're the only one?" Albert asked in an irritated tone of voice before he took a sip of his beer.

"Let's play a game or something," Fab sat up in his chair, ignoring Albert.

"A game?" Julian chuckled sarcastically, "What are we, six years old?"

"Now, Jules, let's not be harsh-- Hear the man out first," Ana held up her hand jokingly.

"Thank you, Ana," Fab nodded diplomatically, "What I was trying to suggest was spin the bottle, or something like that."

"Spin the bottle?" Julian repeated, his voice still sarcastic, and skeptical.

"Yeah, why not?" Fab smiled.

"I like spin the bottle," Nick chimed in. To this, Albert gave a loud huff of a laugh.

"What?!" Nick asked defensively, shrugging.

"Nothing," Albert smiled, his arms crossed as he looked away.

"No, man, if you have something to say, say it!"

"Well, I just think that you should admit that you wanna make out with Ana, and we can move on," Albert smirked. Ana's eyes went wide and she began chuckling, and looked over at Julian, who was laughing with her.

"Oh, like you don't?" Nick argued.

"...Fine, let's play," Albert said defiantly and sat up, crossing his legs. Fab smiled, downed the last of his beer, then sat the bottle down in front of himself. Julian and Ana looked at each other again and shrugged, both of them smiling. Everybody moved so that they were in a circle, with Fab's beer bottle in the center of them.

"Okay, I presume everybody knows how to play, right?" Fab began.

"Yep," Nick answered.

"Mhm," Ana said, and the rest of the group simply nodded their heads.

"Alright, who goes first, then?" He asked, but no one volunteered, everyone quietly chuckling and looking at each other with childish smiles.

"Alright, guess I will," Julian sighed, leaning forward, and spun the bottle. Ana looked at him, secretly hoping the bottle would land on her. It spun, seemingly taking forever. As it began to slow down, it appeared as though it would stop on Ana, but crept along the concrete floor a little bit longer, and abruptly stopped on Fab.

"Alright, Fab man!" Nick shouted.

"My prince charming," Fab said in what was supposed to be a girl's voice, but in reality sounded horribly ear-grating and overly high-pitched, which earned a laugh from Julian.

"Come here, you," Julian smirked teasingly-- they were known for having a little bromance between the two of them-- and Fab crawled over to him playfully, a smile on his face. When Julian kissed him, the rest of the boys wolf-whistled and hooted in the background and Ana, sitting next to them, stared, transfixed, as they made out. She didn't know what to make of her best friend and her crush giving each other tongue, but she couldn't deny that it turned her on a bit.

Julian and Fab pulled apart, smiles on both their faces, and the cheering died down. Julian caught Ana staring at him and winked before he passed the bottle to her.