Chapter Fifty Six

Start from the beginning

Minho was not to even get involved. As they rode, he pulled his mask all the way up to his nose and pulled a hood over his hair which was tied back like usual. Changbin was going to go in with Hei-ran, Minho following behind and demanding that Jisung come with them, and the Lee King was waiting for an audience with them, where Minho would be waiting to see him. This way, they could give him two reasons to want to come with them.

Changbin's horse took off over the ground at a fast pace where Minho had to push Danbi to keep up. Of course, Hei-ran loved the entire ride there, as she loved to go fast.

"Is that it?" Hei-ran asked as she pointed at the San Palace that was in the far distance. "My mom is buried there?"

"Yes, she is," Minho said stiffly as his arms tightened protectively around her.

Hei-ran must have felt this because she put her tiny hand on Minho's hand. "Daddy, we can do this!"

Minho looked down at his small daughter and felt a blush rising to his cheeks. "You're just too cute now, aren't you?"

Hei-ran smiled like she didn't know.

"Okay, let's start the act right about now!" Changbin hissed as he spotted an entire herd of guards on horses riding towards them. "I knew we should have dressed you in white instead of black!"

Minho clenched his teeth, but trusted that his plan would work. "Call out to them," he called to Changbin, which was his last command before he fell into the "servant" roll.

Captain Kim Mingyu was at the front of the group riding towards them on a tall stallion, making him even taller then he already was. Minho lowered his eyes to the ground and took a defensive stance around Hei-ran.

"Lord Seo?" the captain pulled to a stop a few feet away. "Is that you?"

Changbin gave a curt nod. "It's me. I have to speak to the king and Prince Yongbok."

"The king? He's refusing to see anybody right now," Mingyu murmured. "And Prince Yongbok has been looking for you. He's not happy."

Changbin gave Minho an 'I told you so' look before he cleared his voice and said louder, so all the soldiers could hear. "Perhaps you would like to tell the king that his long lost daughter is here to see him?"

"D-daughter?" Mingyu's eyes went wide as he turned to look at the small princess in the saddle behind Changbin. "Princess... Hei-ran?"

"That's me!" Hei-ran smiled and waved cutely. "I'm here to see the king... can I see him?"

"A-are you sure, my lord?" the captain asked, hesitating. "S-she's the princess?"

"Indeed," Changbin gave a grave nod. "I have brought her to him."

Mingyu glanced at his men and nodded. They moved their horses around to stand around the two horses that were approaching the San Palace, and began to walk them forward. Danbi snorted in distress as the horses closed around them.

"We'll bring you right there," the captain nodded before he turned his snorting horse around and rode back towards the San Palace.

The other Captain Kim was waiting outside, his eyes narrowed as he found the group arriving. "Lord Seo, what are you doing back-"

Mingyu nodded to the small, finely dressed girl in the saddle with Minho. The older Captain Kim's eyes widened, as he had already figured out who this way and nodded.

Two soldiers ran in ahead of them to alert both Prince Yongbok and the King.

Minho was nervous, but he kept his head down in a bowed, submissive position as he followed Hei-ran who acted like she owned the place, just as he had told her to do.