Sixteen

"Maybe I do give a fuck."

Is what Stanley Barber thinks.
Is what Stanley Barber knows
Is what Y/n L/n hopes Stanley would think.

"Stanley?" "Yeah?" "Why did you kiss me?" She angrily blinks the tears away. "I-I don't know." "Yes, you do! Why do you have to be here?! Why am I talking to you right now? I don't know! But I just wanna know why we did what we did!!"

"Y/n I promise I don't know. All I know is I'm really sorry for ruining your relationship!" His voice becomes a bit louder. "No, you're not! You're not and you know it! I-I hate you!" Her face goes back to a calm state.

Stanley's breathing hitched to that word. "Alright then. Fuck you too I guess." Gently pushes past her, leaving the cabin. For a pretty long time, not coming back to tell y/n where he went, not coming back for that night.

*The Next Day*
I wake up quickly, remember that Stanley left. I sigh, leaving my worries behind. Finding the boy with a towel wrapped around his waist. "I was worried," I whisper.

"Didn't know you could worry about other people. Really unusual for people like you." I breathe in, trying to calm my nerves.

"What do you mean?" "Well. People like you are rude." His voice becomes a bit aggressive the more he talks. "When they find people like me they leave us behind. Using us for the support I guess, using us until they find what they want." "...Sydney?"

"Yup. She was 'friends' with me till she finally started to hang out with Dina more and more. Left me behind. It doesn't matter, didn't need her anyway..." I can hear the sadness in his voice. He grips the towel. 

I sit up slowly, his back faces towards me. "Why are you so worried about me?" I have to sit there and think. "Because you're my friend..."

"Oh really? Because I remember you tell me you hated me last night. That you don't even wanna talk to me anymore." He stands in front of me. I furrow my brows in confusion until remembering. My hand sits on his cheek, wiping the tears away.

Maybe he does give a fuck.