the ghost of harrenhal

Start from the beginning

"For the sake of the mother who bore us, I will give you this one night to reconsider. Strike your banners, come to me before dawn, and I will grant you your old seat in the council. I'll even name you my heir until a son is born to me. Otherwise, I shall destroy you." Renly only looked off into the distance.

"Look across those fields, Brother. Can you see all those banners?"

"You think a few bolts a cloth will make you King?" Amberlee quirked a brow at her own question.

"No. The men holding those bolts of cloth will make me King." Renly focused his steely gaze on his brother.

"We shall see, Renly. Come the dawn, we shall see." Stannis rode off with Ser Davos following him.

"Look to your sins, Lord Renly. The night is dark and full of terrors." Melisandre told him and all of the bannermen left until only Amberlee remained.

"I will try to make him see reason. It's good to see you again, Renly." Amberlee and Renly shared a smile. "Cat." The two shared a smile. Amberlee's eyes finally locked with Loras' as they shared a look as she trotted by. "Take care of him, Loras." She called as she rode off towards Stannis and Meilsandre who were waiting for her. "I haven't seen her in a while now. I wanted to offer my condolences."

"You don't need to justify your reasons for remaining behind, Stark."

"Stark." Amberlee hummed as she glanced over at Stannis. "I haven't been called by that name in a while. I just might keep it."

"Aren't you going to chastise me for speaking against your sister in law?"

"No. Although, I do urge you not to kill your brother, at least not in the way you plan to." Amberlee eyed Stannis with pleading eyes. "Perhaps you should wait until he has had the opportunity to reconsider his claim. By dawn we will know where his true loyalty lies anyways and if ot isn't with you, then you have my full permission to kill him."

"I don't need your permission to kill my brother." Stannis grumbled from beside her.

"You shouldn't need to kill him at all, but it may come to that irregardless." Amberlee said sadly as she guided her horse up the hill. "You asked for my guidance and opinion so now you have it up until the day you win the Iron Throne or I die, hopefully the latter." The two chuckled lavishing in the fact that one king was soon to be taken care of.
*****

ANNALYS TYRELL sat beside Loras as they both mourned Renly

ANNALYS TYRELL sat beside Loras as they both mourned Renly. Rumours had spread that Brienne of Tarth had stabbed him through the back, but knowing of Brienne's loyalty, Annalys couldn't bring herself to believe the rumours. Chaos ensued throughout the camp as Stannis' forces grew nearer. Annalys watched as her sister paced around the tent. "We need to go home."

"Loras." Annalys pleaded with her brother as he stared at Renly's corpse.

"Milord, miladies." Lord Baelish's voice neared the siblings' ears as he entered the tent.