"Are you a Runner?" Thomas asked questioningly, and Florence was happy to answer despite Alby's quiet protests of 'no questions until the Tour is over'.

"I'm a Runner when someone needs a break, so I'm mainly a Med-jack. I don't mind really, at least I get out there-"

She was cut off by the sound of the piercing Greenie alarm. Her eyes found Newt's immediately from where he was working in the gardens, and they were filled with alarm and confusion. Thomas looked between the girl and Alby, both of whom were frozen to the spot out of surprise.

"What's going on?"

"The Box is coming back up." Florence managed to mutter. 

She looked to Alby who looked just as confused as she felt. When he didn't move, she decided to take initiative, sprinting over to the Box at the sight of the boys already beginning to crowd it.

Why is the Greenie alarm going off? It can't be a mistake, can it? The Creators don't make mistakes.

She knew that it only ever sounded once a month when they got their new Greenies, and Thomas had only arrived yesterday. So why was it happening now? Were they going to have another Greenie?

Newt and Gally had already raced over and opened up the doors of the Box, and when she reached them, Florence was surprised to see they were waiting patiently for her to get inside instead of jumping down themselves.

She landed cautiously on the ground, and felt her heart lurch as she spotted the sprawled figure in front of her.

It's another girl.

She was beautiful. Her long dark brown hair fell over her glowing pale skin and soft features. Her lips were plump and pink and she was unmoving. She looked so peaceful. But she also looked dead.

"Well what do you see?" Gally called down, his impatience evident in his voice.

"It's another girl." She recited her exact thought.

The boys began chattering in excitement at the prospect of another girl, but Newt frowned. He knew that something must have been wrong because Florence didn't sound excited by this like he knew she would be.

"I think she's dead." She muttered, although she hadn't checked for a pulse. She was nervous that if she did, she might not find one.

"What's in her hand?" And sure enough, Gally had spotted a crumpled piece of paper in the ball of her hand. Leaning down, Florence extracted it from the girl's enclosed palm and smoothed it out. Upon reading it, she felt her heart drop even further to the floor.

"'She's the last one ever'."

She's the last Greenie.

No more once-a-month Greenie deliveries. No more making fun of the kids that knew nothing about themselves or the place they found themselves in. No more just calling people Greenie.

I guess we'll have to call her Greenie forever.

But why? Why was she the last? What was going to happen now? Did this mean things were going to change?

"What the hell does that mean?" Newt exclaimed in frustration, and Florence wanted to smack him for his stupidity.

"Newt-"

Florence was interrupted as the seemingly dead girl's eyes shot open and she came to life with a gasping breath. The boys all jumped back in fright as she caught back her breath with a wide fearful expression and a heaving chest. 

"Thomas..." 

She mumbled out, just as her eyelids began to flutter close and she drifted off again. Every single pair of eyes fell on Thomas who kept his eyes on the sleeping girl with discomfort from the attention.