"Good luck." Malia smiled as Raven walked past, a handsome boy sat beside her, Raven nodded in acknowledgment.

"Thanks." She muttered under her breath.

Professor McGonagall had waited patiently in the entrance hall, and when Raven had finally approached her, led her out of the hall and down the steps out onto the castle grounds, "Don't panic," The professor suddenly blurted, although she almost looked more terrified than Raven herself, "There's wizards standing by to control the situation if it gets out of hand." Raven nodded, "You remember the spells, right?"

Raven muttered a "Yes." Under her breath as the professor led the girl to the edge of the forest. They were a tent that had being put up behind the first few rows of trees, it's entrance wide and although welcoming; taunting, "All the champions are to go in there," Professor McGonagall said in a shaky voice, "Mr. Bagman is in there....he'll be telling you the - the procedure....Good Luck."

Raven smiled shyly at the professor before she turned and opened the flap to the tent and walked in. Raven could recall Hermione's words of inspiration from earlier in the day, and she muttered them under her breath as she walked into the grand tent, "Head up high.... don't show fear - if you show the fear; it will consume you."

All of the other champions already lingered around the room, Raven found herself sharing a timid smile with the Hogwarts champion; Cedric Diggory, before Mr. Bagman and his jolly self came bouncing into the room, "Ah! Everyone's here, good-o!" He cheered, "Settle down everyone, make yourself at home!" Raven looked at the strange man, clad in his old quidditch robe before, perching her frail body on the edge of one of the many chairs.

"Since everyone's here - time to fill you in!" He said brightly, looking at each of the champions intensely, "When the audience has assembled, I'm going to be offering each of you this bag," He said while holding up a small sack of purple silk and shaking it at them, "from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different - er - varieties, you see." Mr. Bagman stayed silent for a while, causing the champions to believe he was finished and to direct their attention somewhere else, until he continued speaking - causing them all to jump, "Your task is to collect the golden egg!"

Raven lifted her head and her grey eyes met the beady black of Viktor, both nodded their heads at the other. As Bagman finished his speech he bounced out of the tent, muttering about checking the audience, leaving the champions alone.

Raven - whilst following Hermione's advice - pulled the sleeves of her jacket down, and bounced her foot impatiently on the floor. As the herds of feet could be heard passing by the tent, Mr. Bagman bounced back to the room, the bag open ready in his hand.

First was Fleur, she put her hand into the bag and as she pulled it out a beautiful dragon was resting on the palm of her hand, they were a tag around its neck with a number two imprinted onto it, "A Welsh Green!" Mr. Bagman exclaimed, making the Beauxbatons champion jump.

Next was Viktor, his muscular hand bearly fit into the bag and when he pulled it out Mr, Bagman stated it was a "Chinese Fireball!" A number three was hung around its neck, Viktor sat back down looking extremely unimpressed.

Next was Cedric and when he pulled his hand out of the silk bag, a blueish-gray "Swedish Short-Snout!" was clutching to his - ironically - dragonhide gloves, the dragon had a number one tied around its neck.

Finally Raven strode towards the excited man, her hand trembling ever so slightly that it was noticeable to anyone who wasn't looking, and placed her hand into the silk bag. She hissed slightly as the dragon burnt her hand, but Bagman bounced on the balls of his feet jollily, "And a Hungarian Horntail!" The dragon hissed, spreading its scaly wings, angrily swiping at the number four that was hung around its neck. Raven shuddered, involuntarily.

"Well, there you are!" Bagman cheered, the purple silk bag now long forgotten, thrown carelessly on one of the many chairs, "You each have pulled out the dragon you will face, and the numbers refer to the order in which you take on the dragons, you see? Now, I'm going to have to leave you in a moment, because I'm commenting. Mr. Diggory, you're first, just go out into the enclosure when you hear a whistle, all right?" Cedric nodded hastily, from his seat at the edge of the tent. As a whistle blew, Bagman looked up startled, "Good lord, I've got to run!"

Cedric followed the man out of the tent, his face a sickly green. Raven four herself walking over towards Viktor, and sitting down beside him, "Добре ли си?" ("You alright?") Raven asked, flinching slightly from the roar of a dragon.

Viktor snorted, "Трябва да съм този, който иска това за теб" ("I should be the one asking you that,") Raven looked at him confused, "Поисках го - сложих името си в чашата - ти не го направи." ("I asked for this - I put my name into the goblet - you didn't.")

Raven shrugged notchantly, "Свикнал съм с това, че някой наистина трябва да ме мрази. " ("I've become accustomed to the fact that someone must really hate me.")

Viktor snorted, "Никой не може да те намрази" ("Nobody can hate you,") Then - after playfully shoving the girls shoulder - Viktor's face darkened, "Имате нещо планирано, нали?" (You do have something planned, don't you,") Viktor gulped as he heard the crowd gasp dramatically, "Не мога да те оставя да ослепееш," ("I can't let you go in there blind-eyed.")

Raven closed her eyes, as the crowd cheered - assumingly that meant Cedric had gotten the egg - she pulled the sleeve over her shaking hand, "I'll be okay," She said finally, clearing her throat before speaking again, "I'll be okay."

⚯͛
Began writing 22/07/20 17:38
Published 31/07/20
11:00

So warm today

✶ please consider voting and commenting

please consider voting and commenting