TWENTY-THREE| Wrong

Start from the beginning

While you were shoveling the food like a ravaging maniac, Yoongi and Junho watched with wide eyes. They had very different reactions.

Junho watched with amused admiration and chuckled lightly.

"I guess you haven't had this kind of food in awhile, huh?"

At the same time, Yoongi, who had meant to stay quiet but couldn't, exploded in a familiar nagging frenzy.

"YAH! YAH! Slow down! You're going to choke or something!" He spoke in flustered irritation as he found he couldn't ignore your reckless display in fear of your demise. You paused only for a heartbeat in order to glare at him.

"Whatever, dad. You can't tell me what to do."

Junho laughed at your response and Yoongi seemed to grow even angrier at your remark. 

"Fine! Choke then! Whatever! See if I care!"

You made a face at him before you kept eating. Yoongi grit his teeth, about to retort before forgetting that the two of you weren't alone. Junho's stare seemed to turn Yoongi's blood cold as he watched you interact with each other.

"So," he began, allowing his eyes to drift between the two of you while Yoongi quickly looked down and cursed himself for allowing himself to scold you. "You two survived the boat crash and lived on a deserted island for months. I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell, and thankfully, we have a lot of time to talk. First though, I must admit I'm quite curious, are you two close?"  

You froze; finally pausing your gluttonous actions upon hearing his words. You looked up at Yoongi and the two of you made eye contact. There was silence before Yoongi cleared his throat and answered; pointedly not looking at you as he did so.

"Not really," he finally said, your heart panging under the words before saddened anger flooded your mind once more. "We worked together to survive as partners I guess, but that's about it."

This little-

Fine.

"Yup!" You were quick to quip, suddenly batting your eyes at Junho and he looking your way in surprise while you rested your elbow on the table and leaned closer. "It really is a shame. I mean if only I had been stuck on the island with you instead!"

Yoongi's form stiffened under your words before he pointedly glared at you but you paid him no mind. Instead you were staring at your fiance; he shyly laughing at your remarks as if you were the most entertaining thing in the universe.

"I can't lie, I wished I was with you many times. I felt like it was my fault, and that maybe if I had been there then we would have suffered together or I could have done something. You have no idea how relieved I was to find you alive. I never stopped looking."

Mustering all the skills you could think of from your awkward teen years of flirting, you giggled and tried to play with your hair by fiddling with some of the strands. Yoongi tried to ignore your disgusting display of admiration but found under your next words he simply couldn't.

"I'm so glad you saved me by telling those scientists to take me straight here."

Yoongi clenched his spoon tightly in his fist as he tried to control his emotions. You were playing with him. It was obvious. Of course you knew that the prospect of another man saving you would drive him insane, you knew him best after all. The worst part was, Junho's eyes were glistening in a way that made Yoongi wonder. Had he looked so stupid when your flirty remarks were aimed at him?

Definitely not. Probably not. Hopefully not. 

"I wanted you to be OK as quickly as possible, and... I just had to see you. I didn't want to wait for my bride anymore. I'm so glad we're finally meeting. I want the wedding to be as soon as possible."