↳𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤

Start from the beginning

Estella hurried along the many different isles of bookshelves, looking through each of them, trying to be quiet as to not disrupt the few students that were there. 

Finally, she caught sight of the familiar girl, and quickly ran up behind her, grabbing her wrist. 

"Hermione!" Estella called out breathlessly "There you are. Come on, we have to go, the match is about to begin"

"Estella!" the girl exclaimed, before clamping her hand over her mouth and pulling her down to hide behind one of the many bookshelves.

"Hermione what are you doing?"

"Estella shut up!" 

"Hermione are you okay? What's going on?"

"The thing that's attacking the students, it's a basilisk" 

Estella felt the blood drain from her face. 

"Basilisks exist?" she questioned, "I thought those only existed in myths"

"Ella, you literally talk to paintings every morning in a castle designed to teach people magic! Why are you so surprised!" Hermione exclaimed, "We need to tell Dumbledore about this" 

Estella nodded in agreement, before they made their way out of the library. 

As they stepped out of the library doors, they heard this sort of clunking metal sound as if someone or rather something was testing the weight of it. The sound seemed to have been coming from within the stone walls, and it didn't take the girls to quickly realise that it was the basilisk. 

The monster was travelling through the pipes of Hogwarts, and right now it was way too close for comfort to the girls. It made Estella's skin crawl, that thing was right next to her and the fact she couldn't see it made it ten times more terrifying. 

Both of the girls rushed out of the library as quietly as possible, which was proven quite difficult considering Estella was not a quiet person. As they neared the end of the corridor, they heard the clunking noise right behind them. They stopped for a split second, sharing a look, before Hermione grasped Estella's hand, running down the corridor. 

The noise didn't seem to be going away, instead it was getting louder and faster which could only indicate that it was getting closer to them. 

"Oh, it's decided to speed up – nice" Estella deadpanned as they continued to run down the corridor. 

All of a sudden, the two came into contact with someone else, knocking them all down to the floor with a grunt. 

Estella looked up to see a blonde girl, dressed in Hogwarts robes and sporting a blue tie belonging to the Ravenclaw house. She recognised her and Penelope Clearwater – the Ravenclaw prefect. 

"What on earth are you two doing here?" she asked, standing up and dusting herself down. 

"Hermione" Estella panted, "She-she figured out what's attacking everyone, don't ask me how because I don't know I've just learnt to go along with it" 

"I'm sorry what?" 

Hermione shook her head in annoyance, "That thing that's ben causing the attacks is a basilisk, and right now It's-" 

"Mione?" Estella questioned, as she noticed Hermione had stopped talking, "What is it?" 

"Can you hear that?" she asked. 

"I can't hear anything" Penelope said in an annoyed manner. 

"Exactly" Estella whispered. 

The clunking noise had stopped, it was deathly silent. For a couple of minutes all that could be heard was the ragged breathing of the girls, before there was this loud, slithering sound from somewhere behind them.