↳ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

══════════════════

══════════════════

"ᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪꜱᴛꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙꜱᴇɴᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀʏ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀʀᴅꜱʜɪᴘꜱ."

– ʜᴇʟᴇɴ ᴋᴇʟʟᴇʀ

══════════════════

⋆★⋆

————— Estella Evans was a peculiar child. To those who simply saw her they would say it was because of her vibrant red hair (which grew at an abnormally fast rate) and her hazel eyes which held nothing but happiness. Or maybe they would say it was because her pale skin was littered with freckles.

However, those who know her wouldn't say it was her delicate features which made her special. No, it was the things that happened around her.

Like perhaps when she happened to smash a china pot without physically touching it when she got mad at a boy who laughed about her hair. Or when she blew the lights and created a power cut in the building when she was being teased by other children at school. Strange events just happened to follow her, something which she grew to be known for, however the young girl just accepted it and believed it was nothing but bad luck. 

But despite the abnormal activity that surrounded her, Catherine Bell held an unusual love for the young orphan.

It was May 3rd 1992, the day Estella Evans turned 11. It wasn't exactly exciting to many, it was just an age. But young Estella was beyond excited. She had a feeling she couldn't explain, a feeling that today was going to be a good day.

Like any excited child, Estella was awake at the crack of dawn and bouncing around her room at Catharine's Bell's Home For Orphans.

Estella's parents had died whilst she was still very young, so the girl had no memory at all of her parents what so ever. At just 5 months old, Estella was left on the doorstep of the orphanage and that's where she had lived for the past eleven years. She had no family left, or well so she thought.

The young girl didn't have many friends, and she never had. Of course, there were the odd people at school that she talked to and got along with. But she never bonded with many people. In fact, she only had two friends, one of them being Madelyn Simons, someone she was at the orphanage.

Madelyn (Maddie, she hated anyone calling her by her full name) and Estella has been roommates since the two landed in the orphanage all those years ago. Maddie having come into the orphanage a few months before the red-haired girl. The two had quickly become inseparable, they were like sisters.

They did pretty much everything together, despite Maddie being a year older than the red-haired girl, in primary school the two spent their days together as much as they could with them being a year apart.