21: "Just Very, Very Drunk"

Seventeen-year-old Primrose Scamander stared at the spectacle happening before her on the kitchen island.

What was happening? Well...

Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, her literal-fourteen-years-older-than-her brother, was slumped against the kitchen island of their family manor, his face buried in his arms.

Prim could hear muffled sniffling and whimpering coming from her older brother from her position by the entrance arch to the kitchen. Based on what she was hearing, her brother was crying.

And my, what a sight it was to Prim; she had never seen her older brother cry so pathetically.

Footsteps came to her from behind. Prim looked at her other older brother-the eldest Scamander-Theseus as he came to stand beside her, his eyes looking at their crying sibling.

"Uhm..." Prim began, looking back at her crying brother. "Why is Newton crying?" she whispered to Theseus.

Theseus chuckled, crossing his arms. "He found out that Tina's engaged," he replied, shaking his head.

What? But he and Tina had just celebrated their engagement literally a few hours ago, Prim thought. She scratched her head in confusion. Why would he cry over something that was just literally celebrated a few hours prior?

"But...she is engaged. They're engaged," Prim said.

Theseus smirked. He gestured to his younger brother, who was still crying, and sighed, "He is just very, very, very drunk."

Drunk? Prim gasped. "Drunk?" she voiced her thought. Wait...no... Upon realizing what Theseus had meant, she face-palmed. "You did not," she groaned.

"Did I not what?" Theseus asked. Prim looked at her eldest brother with annoyance. Theseus just stared back innocently. Prim groaned and shook her head in disbelief.

"Theseus," Prim hissed, glaring at Theseus, "how many shots of Firewhiskey did you make Newt drink?"

Theseus just shrugged. Prim sighed. She spared her brother a glare before landing her fist onto his left arm. Theseus yelped in pain. "Hey! What was that for?" he guffawed.

"You bloody tosser," she rebuked. She punched him again, harder. "You know that Newt can't even handle one shot of Firewhiskey!"

Theseus rolled his eyes as he rubbed his left arm. "I know, but it was a celebration! Drinking Firewhiskey is a must!" he stated as if it was a widely-accepted fact around the planet.

Prim pinched the bridge of her nose. "Who cares? Just because it's a "must" doesn't mean he should drink! You know that his alcohol tolerance is low."

Theseus didn't bother to reply and averted his gaze from his angry little sister to his drunk younger brother who seemed to have fallen asleep. He laughed softly, "Well, look at that."

Prim glanced over to Newt. Her anger subsided for a while when she saw how adorable her brother looked sleeping peacefully. But that only lasted for a minute. She turned to Theseus and punched him again, making him yelp again.

"Why am I always the human punching bag?" Theseus whined.

Prim rolled her eyes, ignoring his question, and walked over to Newt. She glared at Theseus. "Now, if you aren't busy whining on how pathetic you are, mind giving me a hand with our beloved brother?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him while pointing towards a sleeping Newt.

Theseus sighed. "Fine, c'mon."

A/N: For those reading this for the first time, Primrose is my OC who's the younger sister of Newt and Theseus.

[Edited and Re-uploaded: July 21, 2020]