14: " I DON'T SUCK!!!"

Leah's POV 😎

This is the moment of truth.

I collect the paper from Ms. Diaz and flip it over. I look for the red ink and see that I got an A. I look up and see the look of pride on her face.

I got an A. Yes, can't wait to tell Chris.

I thank Ms. Diaz and leave the class. It is time for lunch and as I am going to the cafeteria, I see Parker by his locker.

" Hey Parker"

He looks at me," Hi Caramel, did you see your math score?"

" Well... Um you see" I say nervously.

I opt out of talking and just show it to him. His face looks monotone but also a bit impressed.

He looks impressed. Least bit of emotion I can get out of this boy

" It doesn't suck" He says finally.

What did he just say?

" What did you say?"

He narrows his eyes at me.

" Do you really want me to regret the compliment I just gave you ?"

I shake my head and speed dial Kristy's number. She answers immediately,

" What? I'm in class "

" I DON'T SUCK!!!"

She gasps dramatically, " You don't suck? YOU DON'T SUCK!!!"

Then I hear a voice in the background,
"Ms. Hans?"

" Oh shit I'm still in class, gottagobyeproudofyou"

It wouldn't be the first time I've called her in class. Good to know she'll always pick up.

Anyways, one down, three more to go

" WINSTON" I scream at the figure at the end of the hallway.

He winces at the volume as well as everyone else.

Oops. That happens when I'm too excited.

" What?", he answers when he reaches me.

" Guess what, I DON'T SUCK"

He looks at Parker, as if he's asking him the question. He nodded. Then he looked at the heavens.

" YOU DON'T SUCK"

He finishes as we start jumping in circles continually repeating.

I go to the principal's office and barge in as usual. He looks up at me tiredly and mutters, " Just less than a year left, you can do it. You have lasted this long"

I personally find that insulting.

I ignore that little comment and walk up to him. I nudge him with my elbows, saying, " Wes, did you hear?"

"Yeah, you are pretty loud"

I chuckle sheepishly and say, " Anyways, can I borrow that?", I say pointing to the PAS.

I take it without waiting for an answer.

"Seniors, guess what? I DON'T SUCK"

I sigh satisfied at the whoops I hear. I smile at Wes and give him the salute.

I go to the hall and see Parker, but his back is turned. I seize opportunity and run, jumping on his back. As expected, we fall on the floor.

He looks at me unamused, "At this point I regret ever complimenting you."