21: "Ow! Million-dollar brain in here"

Fact: The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000 dollars.

I would honestly buy that, no regrets. Food is honestly the most important thing in all the 9 worlds, well except Physics. It was lunch and today was Wednesday, tater tot day.

We got our food and sat down. When we finished our food, the others sparked up a conversation on a topic I couldn't honestly care less about. I picked up the book I brought with me. I lean back, crossing my leg.

"Hi guys", a chirpy, girly voice said.

"Hi, Tori", Kyle and Kristy chorus.

"Hey Vic", Caramel said.

In an attempt to be nice, I raise my head.

"Hello Victoria", I said before returning to my book.

Victoria Jenkins. The assistant cheerleader to Westside's award-winning cheerleading team, the Wallabies. You would always find her in the uniform, A black short-sleeved shirt with a knee-length skirt, with gold highlights. The school crest emblazoned on the front of the shirt. She was really smart, second in our year behind, well me. She was nice and captain of the Mathletes. She also happened to be the girl Kyle thought was 'obsessed' with me.

As if.

"Um, Ryan"

"Hmm?", I say sharply, having been interrupted from my book.

Caramel nudges me with her knee under the table.

"I mean, yeah what's up?", I attempt.

"So, we were practicing for the pep rally and stuff, so we kinda pulled out of some classes and I missed Bio yesterday. The point is that I was wondering if you could brief me on the lesson or send me your notes or something", she said, nervously.

I pretend to consider it for a while.

"Well, Mr. Montgomery always revises the last lesson if you get there early enough and he always leaves the homework on the board so you could just check there", I said, shaking my head.

Her eyebrows furrowed as if she could quite comprehend my response. She pulls herself together.

"Oh....okay. I'll see you guys later then", she said dejectedly.

As she walks away, Caramel hits the back of my head.

"Ow! Million-dollar brain in here"

"What is wrong with you?!"

"Yeah Ryan, she was clearly flirting with you", Kristy adds.

"Welcome to my world, girls", Kyle said, shaking his head as if disappointed in me.

What did I do?

"No, she wasn't"

"Yes, she was!", they all yelled at me.

"Oh...my...God. You guys weren't lying. She does have a crush on you", Kristy said.

"So, if she didn't, she wouldn't talk to me?"

Caramel scoffs, "Obviously"

"The important thing is now that you girls are here you can help me convince him to do something about it", Kyle said, matter-of-factly.

"Excuse me? Who's this 'him' we're talking about?"

"What is even wrong with you?"

"My psychiatrist says I'm not allowed to tell you"