Chapter 26- Ready or Not...

Începe de la început

Before I even know what's happening, Kate grabs my jacket from me and throws it, with hers, on the floor of the elevator, then she locks her lips over mine, stifling my laughter completely. Her right hand reaches around to my back, pressing me against her, her left reaches down to the hem of my dress and kneads the back of my right thigh. I'm so lost in the moment and the sensation I moan loudly into her mouth and squeeze her ass tightly with both my hands.

God, she has a spectacular ass.

Our kissing and groping quickens, frenetic, my mind completely devoid of thought. We're ripping at each other's dresses, hair, bra straps, bare skin. She tilts my head away and bites down the side of my neck, pulling at the barely-there straps of my dress, working it over my shoulders.

That's when my phone rings.

Oh fuck! Christian said just hand-holding.

I scramble, swatting Kate away and adjusting the right strap of my dress which she's nearly managed to work over my breast.

I try to steady my breath, checking my reflection in the still-closed elevator doors, and smooth down my hair before answering the phone.

"Hello," I say as cheerily as possible considering I'm still huffing and puffing. Kate rolls her eyes and crosses her arms across her chest.

"I thought I said to hold her hand." At least he doesn't sound too pissed. "Let me talk to her."

I look over at Kate and make an apologetic look then slowly extend the phone towards her. She takes it apprehensively and puts it to her ear.

"Chris?" she says meekly. I can't hear what Christian is saying but he's definitely using that flat, disappointed tone I've become so familiar with.

"Got it. Okay we're just at the lobby now. See you in a minute." She hangs up and hands the phone back to me. She bends and picks up our jackets.

"What did he say?"

"He said I'm not being fair. And he's right. If we're doing this, we should discuss everything first." She holds my hand again and squeezes it reassuringly. "Feel better, though?" The doors open and we walk out into the marble lobby.

I nod. Between the hysterical laughter and the sneak attack elevator action, I'd completely forgotten to be nervous.

Christian is out front, leaning against a blue classic sports car with white racing stripes. Where did that come from? We drove here in a Range Rover. It's a freaking hot car, though, I'll say that. Christian gives me a soft peck on the cheek and opens the driver door for us to climb in the back before sliding the seat into place and positioning himself behind the steering wheel.

"Buckle up, ladies," he says, starting the car and revving the engine several times.

"You have a '67 Shelby? Gah, this is my dream car. I've always wanted one," Kate shouts over the roar of the engine.

"I have two. But I prefer blue," Christian says simply, winking at me in the rear view. He punches the car into gear and squeals the tires a bit, taking off like a sprinter towards Escala.

There's no conversation possible while we're driving with the windows down, the engine roaring like a tiger. I let the sound pour over me, the night air whipping my hair around my head.

After just a few minutes, we arrive at Escala's underground parking lot, then Kate and I are piling out of the backseat and into the private elevator.

Suddenly I'm self-conscious of every inch of my body, careful not to touch either Kate or Christian and they seem just as wary of me. The air is electric in the elevator as the three of us ride up, none of us daring to look at the others.