Chapter two: Home again

Start from the beginning

Once they were in the bedroom, Aunt Jen sat Charlie down on the bed, closed the door and told her to pack her suitcase. However, not all her things could fit in the bag, much to Charlie's disappointment. She even cried a little. Aunt Jen said they would come back for the rest. They never did.

Charlie's thought's were interrupted once she got to her room and once she heard Y/N call out to her. "Yes?" She called out in response. "Just checking to see where you are." Y/N said. Charlie smiled and walked into her room. She felt slightly displaced there. She was slightly expecting her younger self to be in there and ask "Who are you?".

Her room was left untouched. The walls were pale pink, the ceiling sloped dramatically on one side to follow the line on the roof, was painted to match. Her bed and mattress were still intact. Although the sheets were gone. The window was opened slightly, and the rotting lace curtains wavered in the gently breeze. There was also a dark water stain in the paint beneath the window. With all the rain and snow that happened over the last decade, it was no surprise that it was there. Charlie closed the window shut and turned her attention to her father's creation's.

Her first night in the house as a child was a terrifying one. She sat up and wailed until her father and mother came to find her and one of the scooped her up in their arms. Her father promised that she would never be alone again. That morning, he got up, went to his workshop and lived up to his promise.

His first creation was a purple rabbit named Theodore. He was now less purple and more grey. He was the size of Charlie when she was three years. He didn't do much. All he did was wave a hand, tilt his head and say "I love you Charlie." In her fathers voice.

Charlie smiled softly at they toy and picked him up

Charlie smiled softly at they toy and picked him up. His back was not faded in the sun like the rest of his back. She pressed the button at the back of his neck, he remained motionless. Charlie waited patiently and silently for eveny the smallest sound out of the toy.

"I—ou—lie." The rabbit said with pretty bad audio. Charlie sat the toy down, her face was hot and her chest pinched tightly. She didn't expected to hear her fathers voice again. "I love you, too." She thought to herself.

The door slowly opened and Y/N walked into the room. "Hey sweetie. Reliving old childhood memories I see." Y/N said and sat down next to Charlie. Charlie smiled and laid her head on Y/N's shoulder gently. Y/N smiled and looked down at Charlie and started playing with her hair softly. Charlie couldn't help but giggle at their actions. It kinda tickled a bit. She looked up at Y/N and lightly pecked their lips gently.

Y/N smiled and soon kissed her lips passionately. Charlie immediately blushed brightly at their actions but soon sank into the kiss. She wrapped her arms around their hips gently and held them close to her. Charlie slowly and calmly rubbed Y/N's back as they kissed. The two smiled during the kiss. The kiss was full of passion and love for each other.

Charlie fell in love with Y/N because of how sweet, cute, lovable, curious and funny Y/N was. Y/N was even nicknamed "Shy baby" as a child. She admired how protective Y/N could get sometime's and how they could be prepared for almost anything.