Chapter 4

You don't smoke. Charlie chided herself for the clumsy lie as she made her way to the door, jostling past a family of four without saying "excuse me," and stepped out into the cool evening. She walked to her car and sat on the hood, the metal denting slightly under her weight. She took in breaths of the cool air as if it were water and closed her eyes. You knew it would come up. You knew you would have to talk about it, she reminded herself. She had practiced on the drive here, had forced herself to think back to happy memories, to smile and say "remember when".

Meanwhile back inside, Y/N had begun to eat their dinner when Jessica and Carlton left. Y/N would have gone to check on Charlie, except now they was stuck with the bill and would now have to request boxes for everyone since it seemed like they were already getting ready to leave.

They thought back to their time at Freddy's. Except they couldn't remember much. That's the thing with growing up, you always forget big chunks of the past.

They soon finished their food, paid for the bill, and got to go box's for everyone and walked outside to where everyone was.

"Well, dinner is paid for and I got everyone's to go boxes." Y/N said as they held up the bags. They heard Jessica cuss under her breath.

"Fuck. Sorry Y/N. We didn't mean to leave you stranded there. I can pay you back if you want." Jessica said.

"That'll be greatly appreciated. Do what's going on out here?" Y/N asked.

"Nothing much. Just reminiscing on Freddy's and our favorite animations." Carlton said to Y/N.

"I never really liked the animatronic's. They always looked like they were getting ready to commit a murder or something like that." Y/N said in all honesty.

"Well, they did look kinda creepy." Carlton said in agreement. "See, he gets it." Y/N said. Y/N didn't know when they first got their Automatonophobia (Fear of animatronic's.) and their Submechanophobia (Fear of submerged man made objects.) but it started around the age of either three or five.

"But if I had to pick one, it would be either the Clown or the blank one." Y/N said. Their friends and girlfriend just looked at him puzzled, as if they didn't understand what they was talking about.

"You know? The clown? They had white face that looks like a mask, with black, hollow eyes that sometimes gain small, white pupils. Its face is similar to that of a Pierrot, with rosy red cheeks, purple stripes that stretch from the bottom of its eyes to the top of its mouth, and red lipstick painted on in an exaggerated pucker?" Y/N said.

"Oh. Now I know what your talking about. Though I think it was actually a puppet. They would jump out of a large box and start dancing for kids." Jessica said as she began to remember. The Puppet was a far memory. It was one of those memories that one wouldn't remember much of, but still remembered enough to know it existed. Charlie remembered the Puppet as well. But that thing always gave her chills. The way it looked at her, they way it smiled at her.

"Oh the blank one. I think I know what your talking about. I think he was blank on purpose. He had some kinda special plastic coating that allowed kids to draw on him." John said.

"Oh god. The things the kids must have drawn on him." Y/N said with a laugh.

"So why are we talking about Freddy's?" Y/N asked.

"Because we're getting ready to go there." Charlie said to Y/N.

"Wait? What?" Y/N said.

"Please tell me you people are joking." Y/N asked nervously. As they looked at everyone, it was obvious that they were completely and without a doubt, serious.