garden of bones

Começar do início

"That boy lost his foot on your orders." Raena sneered as she packed away her belongings carefully.

"They killed my father." Raena finally looked up to meet the king's gaze.

"That boy did?" Raena raised a brow.

"The family he fights for." The king clarified as Raena's eyes searched his face.

"Do you think he's friends with King Joffrey? I know your sister is." Raena knew she had struck a nerve. "He's a fisherman's son who grew up near Lannisport. He probably never held a spear until they shoved one into his hands a few months ago." Raena closed her bag and lifted the strap over her shoulder as she gestured for Talisa to come over.

"I have no hatred for the lad." Raena sighed and looked at the king.

"That should make his foot grow back." She walked away towards Talisa where she was waiting by a wagon.

"You'd have us surrender. End all this blooshed, I understand." Raena could hear the king following behind her. "The country would be at peace and life would be just under the righteous hand of Good King Joffrey." Raena scoffed as she put her and Talisa's bags into the wagon.

"Are you planning on killing Joffrey?" Talisa asked the king incredulously as she and Raena rinsed their hands with warm water.

"It would cause me new strength." Talisa and Raena collectively rolled their eyes.

"And then what?" Raena grumbled not looking at the king.

"I don't know." The king admitted and both girls looked at him. "We'll go back to Winterfell. I have no desire to sit on the Iron Throne."

"So who will?" Raena asked the young man who a frown.

"I don't know." Raena rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"You're fighting to overthrow a king and yet you have no plan for what comes after?" Talisa hummed in agreement making Raena smile softly.

"First, we have to win the war." Talisa climbed into the wagon and then helped her Dornish companion in beside her. She tapped the wood and the horse carried it away. "You gonna tell me where you're both from?"

"Volantis." Talisa told the king boredly.

"Volantis. And you?" The king in the North looked at Raena.

"Dorne." She said with a small smirk.

"Dorne. You're far from home."

"As I recall, so are you." Raena smirked at him.

"The boy was lucky you were here." He called to her as they were carried further away from him.

"He was unlucky that you were." She called out to him as they made eye contact and never left.
******