falling apart

[A/N]: One of the saddest and yet one of my favourite chapters. People might hate this chapter but it is very close to my heart<3

 People might hate this chapter but it is very close to my heart<3

Next day I woke up with a slight headace but I was fine with it. What I was not fine with was that it was already noon and we were all asleep at Sam's. Eventually everyone woke up and left.

I bid a goodbye to Sam and Charles dropped me home. We had another date tomorrow set up by our lovely mothers. I pecked him on the cheek and left. Generally, he comes inside but he was hungover himself, so I let it go.

When I reached home, I heard a loud noise coming from my fathers' study as if someone was fighting. My pulse quickened as I rushed towards that wooden door.

I opened the door and everyone stopped talking. My eyes landed on Tris and I lost my breath for a second.

His eyes were bloodshot; it was either crying or a lot of drugs. Oh no...

"Tris..." I rushed forward. And then the least expected thing happened, he shoved me away harshly.

"Get away from me, you bitch. You knew about this, didn't you?" Tris yelled at me, waving some papers in his hands.

"Tris, honey, she doesn't know. Please calm down." My mom said softly but maintaining a good distance. I was so stunned by the push, I didn't say anything.

"I won't calm down. Not for you. Bunch of fucking liars!" He spat. That was when my patience snapped.

"You need to stop talking right now, Philip. That is your mother!" I scolded. He turned towards me and laughed. It was scary. I have never watched this side of him. It was a deeper, darker side.

"You can drop the act now, Elena." We said each other's name like a taunt. Like our bond had been tempered with.

"What are you..." He shoved the documents in my hand and left the room not before saying,

"Don't you fucking dare follow me! Any of you." And slammed the door. When I read the papers I left my body freeze, I couldn't move a muscle till my father shook me.

They were adoption paper. Adoption of Philip Tristan Black, originally called Tristan Buckley. I didn't know what to do or to say. I couldn't completely register the newfound knowledge because I knew that my brother needed me. Right by his side is where I'm supposed to be. I rushed out of the room too.

"Tris open up please... please. T-talk to me... I ne-need to know your o-okay." I had started sobbing but kept on banging his door. Finally, when I gave up and sudden wave of anger flooded me. I went back to the study because I wanted-needed- answers.

"Do you think we did something wrong?" Came a strained voice of my father. I was still outside the door eavesdropping. I know it's wrong but if that was the only way to get answers, then so be it.