Full of surprises

[A/N]: This is one of my most favourite chapter, you'll know why after you read it! But beware you might just fall in love with Charles from now on, even though he's going pull some asshat moves later... hehe...

We went to a street full of wanderers selling food

We went to a street full of wanderers selling food. A mixed cultural street food street! It was a mess honestly but it had it's own beauty, in a weird way. I lifted my eyes to see multi-coloured lighting. Everything there, was so different and rare. They clashed and mixed with each other.

"I have to warn you. Your digestive system can take a toll but you have to try this. Sweet or spicy?" He asked and looked at me.

"Aren't sweets eaten at the end?"

"Does anyone here look like they care about mannerisms?" Horribly no, some people were even quite disgusting and unhygienic. I made a face, while Charles laughed and dragged me to different food stalls.

That was the best night I had in a long time. Not just the food, but also the people. I have never talked to so many strangers in one night. Then at some point someone decide that it was time for music, and everybody danced, obviously Charles dragged me there. It wasn't some vulgar dance like at clubs, there were old people, young kids everyone was dancing together. It didn't really matter if they even knew the first thing about each other.

At some point Charles picked up a small girl and started ball dancing with her and I had to take a picture. It would have felt illegal not to.

***

"Did Rose tell you about that place?" So here we were, sitting on some deserted bridge, with our bike not far away, eating our ice creams.

"Yes, we used to go there every Saturday." A sad smile rested on his face. It was really sweet how much he loved her. Made me wish I had someone like that too.

"What did you actually want to do? If not business..." I remembered suddenly. A smile appeared on his face. He finished the ice creamed, got up and offered his hand. I was intrigued so I placed mine in his.

He took me to a small diner. We were almost on the outer edge of the town and it was very late, probably midnight.

That place was really cute and cozy as well. As we enter I saw a bartender waving at Charles and he passed him a nod.

"Just wait a few minutes." He said. We asked another bartender for a glass of corona. Obviously I didn't let Charles drink, he was the driver for the night.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Charles Windsor." I turned around to find the previous bartender say. Charles confidently walked up to the stage, picked up a guitar and sat on the edge of a tall chair. He tapped the microphone a few times and started,

"I want to dedicate this song to a very special girl. My fiancé is here tonight and I just want to thank her for everything she's done for me and I know she'll keep on doing for me, for giving me happiness and hope at life all over again. I want her to know that she's beautiful even in her sweatpants and baggy shirt..." He gestured towards me and sent a wink. Everyone turned towards me and started clapping. I shyly blushed and nodded towards everyone.