First lead

[A/N]: I'm running out of things to say in author's note. haha...

 haha

Charles held my hand and placed on the table boldly. I smiled and continued,

"We'll make do with one month, father. I'll need time to settle in anyways because college is starting in three months." I added.

"What do you mean?" Mr. Windsor asked.

"Oh, you see Mr. Windsor this next week is packed with exams. Then in three months the next term will..." Mrs Windsor's question stopped me.

"You'll be the wife of Charles Windsor surely you won't need to study." I was little shaken by the revelation but I tried to be polite nonetheless,

"That's very sweet of you to say Mrs. Windsor but I want to do this. Was thinking business..." Suddenly there was lift of temperature and tension around the Windsor dining table.

"Mr. Black!" Mrs Windsor called.

"Elena darling you won't work or study after marriage. You'll have a family and house and marriage to look after." My mother said. Now, I was furious. She knew how I felt about this.

"And he won't?" I asked gesturing to Charles.

"He would too, sweet..."

"Then why can he work and I can't?" I yelled. This was all so wrong. I mean we lived in the 21st century. What was wrong with these people?

"Why is it that every time we have a family dinner, you throw a tantrum?" My father enquired. That was rude and humiliating.

"Yeah, I guess something's wrong with you guys then because I don't throw tantrums when I'm with Charles or Tris." I yelled back. I stood from my table and left. This was the whole repetition of the last time. I found myself running into the gardens.

"Elena!" I heard Charles. I turned to him teary eyes.

"Tell me honestly, did you want me to stop studying after our marriage?" I asked.

"I didn't want to marry in the first place." But he answered when I gave him a firm look.

"I expected you to but I wouldn't have stopped you." He said honestly. I was disappointed that he even expected me to but I can't change people's mind. He wrapped his hands around me and lifted my chin up after I had calmed down.

"Hey, my wife does what my wife wants, okay? She wants to study, she'll study. If she wants to start a business, she'll start a business. If she wants to dance, she'll dance. If she wants to become a model, she's become a model. And if she wants to be a fucking pole dancer, she'll do just that." We laughed along and he pulled me in his arms again as he rested his chin on my head.

"You're a good guy, Charles Windsor. I'd have married you just to become a pole dancer. How'd you know it was my dream?" I patted his cheek. Whoever Rose was, she was a lucky, lucky woman.