Awkward Ecnounters

Start from the beginning

I gave him to the stable elf and ran to my room as I ran around the corner and upstairs using the white reils I bumped into a body mass. And we both fell, I slowly look up to who it could be and see him. It was Lord Elrond my cheeks flushed red and I stood up as fast as I could. He stood and brushed the dust off his robes and graudments.

" Is all okay little one, you seem to be in a rush". He looked me and I looked down. " Yes everything is just peachy I am so very happy the ride went spilnend". He knew it was a lie because of the look of my face of frustration and embarrassment at a mix. Then I stormed off to my room.

Elrond's Point of View

I could barely sleep the few nights after she kissed me in the garden. It awoken feelings I thought I would never feel again ever since my wife left these shores to go the Valior. When I seen here these past few days I felt warm inside and was at a loss of words to say. Much less did not know how to act around her. I did not return the kiss because it shocked me and gave me back the feelings of love. I have felt lonely and longing for love again since Celebrian left me.

I feel excited but nervous. I could let my feelings show to her as I know she wanted it to go home at some point when we figure a way to send her back. I could not let my heart shatter into pieces again. Or I would for sure fade this time and my children would be left without a Ada and I could not let the happen. So at every possible cause I did my best to remain firm and not to show (Y, N) affection. Or any emotions but just kindness.

The day after she kissed me she cane to my study to ask about the pain herbs I had given her to use. I was so nervous and my cheeks and face were slightly red. And there was the presents of another elf by the door. It was the golden hair and blue eyed elf, a good friend of mine. Glorfindel and I did not want to act not myself around him. So I did my best to hide the emotional side.

And her voice and questions made me blush more and I had to send in a different healer to explain it to her what she need them for. And Glorfindel was sparked with curiosity. He followed me to the gardens that evening.

" Elrond I have know you for a long time now, and I can tell when the presence of a women makes you uncomfortable". He looked at me with a questionable expression.

" Yes she makes me nervous Mellon but I can't act on these strange feelings she gives me, she kissed me yesterday and I could not return it". The gold haired elf sat beside me on the bench.

"And why can't you act on those feelings you are developing for her, she is a kind young women. I chuckle at him in assument.

" That is why I can't act on my feelings I am thousands of years older she is a young woman a young adult". " She is not even from Middle Earth Glorfindel it can not be, and if I act on them it will only encourage her" .

Glorfindel nodded his head in understanding and left me to myself. I knew he would not tell anyone who he couldn't trust and would keep it to himself. That was an awkward encounter for me and her.

The second one was at lunch the following day. She came in with my daughter and she sat by my side. She accidentally brushed my right arm and her touch was so warm and kind. I wanted to hold her hand but had to leave very fast and I knew my daughter would question me later on it so I waited for Arwen in my study. And surly enough she came in. With a suspicious look.

" Ada what happened at lunch today when ( Y, N) touched you". And I just looked at her with a serious expression. " Nothing happened Arwen I simply remembered I had papers and notes to prep for tommorows meetings with my council". She did not buy the lie. And pushed it further.

" Ada I don't know what happened between you and her but I can tell she makes you feel awkward and I will get to the bottom of it". With that she turns and leaves my study.

The most embarrassing encounter is the one that my twin boys witnessed in the library late at night the third night after she kissed me that I did not return.

I heard a noice in the library on the way to the food hall and went in to investigate. It was a crying sound me me being curious I went to find out who's it was and went inside. When I got inside I went to the far back by the window that was cracked opened.

It was (Y, N) and she was curled up on a chair by the middle table by the window. And I walked over to the little dear and pulled up a chair and sat next to her.

" Are you going to tell me what is wrong or make me figure it out young one". I sighed. She shook her head and looked out the window. I touched her face and pulled it back in my direction. She smiled as I wiped her tears away.

" You can tell me I am here to protect you and help you get better". I reassured her. With my words she is more eager to talk.

" I am sorry for the kiss a few days ago when you healed me". She looked so sincere about the kiss. And the thing is that kiss was wonderful I just could not return as I don't want to end up hurt. I brush her cheek.

" It is fine dear I assume it was a kiss of gradiute for me healing you. She shook her head in frustration.
" It's not that I think I am starting to have feelings for you I care for you Elrond". She brought her hands to my face and held it. And rested her forehead against mine.

I close my eyes and feel my nerves relax and my heart beats fast. And I lean into her a bit and hug her.

" I know you have some feelings for me but I am afraid to act on them I got a broken heart once when my wife left these shores to go to Valior, not that you know what that is because your not from here". " But she left and left me all alone to raise my children".

She moved from her chair and onto my lap. And rested her head on my shoulder. " I may have feelings for you but not sure if I want to act on them I am sorry".

I kiss her on the lips and her lips are so soft and warm. It was like how fire is to water and it made since they fit perfectly together. She got shocked and returned my kiss and smiled at me. We heard noises coming into the library.

Grabbing her hand I take her to a secret door in the library. And wondered just how much my twin sons heard. Luckily they did not see who I was talking to they probably thought I talked to myself.

She was fond with the secret room and sat by the fire place I made a fire and in no time it was warm. I held her close to myself on the couch in front of the fireplace and she fell asleep in my arms. I decide to let her sleep there in my arms as I read for awhile. After a few hours I took her to her room and tucked her in for the night.

Now today she ran into me on the way to her room and I just have to find out why she was such in a rush in the hallway. And I go to her room and knock.

Authors Note: Hello there, who ever made it this far into my Outlander fanfiction I just want to say thank you for taking the time to read the story. I really appreciate it! For all who read the story feel free to leave a vote or a comment if you liked it. I am also open to any ideas or criticism you may have. Thanks again.
Important key terms(Elvish)
Ada= father
Mellon= friend