4 ~ Where is She?

Wattpad's been kinda dead lately, and I was bored, so here's an update.

The fact that this took me one day and the ones before this were like months apart😅

Started: July 16, 2020
Finished: July 17, 2020

🍪🍪🍪

3rd POV
"Are you having fun?" Ricky asked.

"How could I not?" Nini answered.

Ricky lifts her hand and runs his thumb over the wedding ring. They were currently just taking a drive around town after their dinner date. This is the happiest they've ever been.

After high school, Nini went to NYU, and Ricky was accepted into UCLA. Literally, they couldn't be farther from each other. No, they didn't stay together all through college; the distance started becoming too much to handle, so they called it quits sophomore year. They never dated anyone else during their time apart. Sure, they went on dates and tried to see other people, but no connection compared to theirs. They both continued college with this emotional baggage that pulled them down.

That is until the end of senior year.

Ricky had become tired of trying to chase after something he knew only existed in one place. An idea popped into his head that sounded really stupid to most people.

Ricky
*Flashback*
"I don't know if that's a good idea," Big Red said.

"C'mon, Red, what's the worst that could happen?" I asked him over the phone. Thankfully, the two of us got to go to UCLA; we're just too lazy to meet up and talk in person.

"You could come back worse than before," Big Red said.

"I don't care; I just-" I stopped, trying to find the right words. I knew exactly what I was doing, whether it was completely idiotic or not.

"I already know what you're gonna say."

I raised a brow even though no one was around. "If you already know, then why do you say it's a bad idea?"

"Just looking out for you. Are you sure?"

"I am and have to be. I already bought a ticket."

"You did what?!!"

"Gotta go, bye!"

*The Next Day | Still in Flashback*
I spent most of the flight sleeping and scrolling through pictures. I was pulled out of my daze when the pilot announced we had landed. "If I wasn't going back before, there was certainly no going back now," I muttered as I stepped out of the plane.

*One Hour Later*
It took a lot of effort, but I finally made it. I'd walked around the city, mustering up some courage and trying to get my words together. I knocked on the door and took a step back. When the door opened, I could not have been happier. "Hey."

"R- Ricky? Wh- What are you doing here?"

"I- I came to see you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nini
"Ugh, I'm so bored!" I complained to Kourtney over the phone. She was majoring in fashion at a school that I can't remember the name of.

"Why?" I could hear her clothing racks being moved across a room.

"Because NYU has started some stupid lockdown because of a rumored virus. I'm grateful for no work, but there's nothing to do."