3 ~ Devotion ~ 3

I wanted to have this done and out so long ago, but that obviously didn't happen😅

My original plan was to have it out by last Friday, but it still didn't feel done, so here we are!

Started: March 28, 2021
Finished: May 19, 2022

🍪🍪🍪

Previously:
When they finally pull away from one of the most amazing kisses of their lives, they look into the other's eyes, taking in what just happened. "Nini?" Ricky says confidently, panting.

"Y- Yeah?" Nini says, also out of breath.

"I love you."

***

Nini moves her head away from him a little farther, and her jaw drops slightly. "Wh- What?"

"I love you, bubs," he repeats. Ricky sees her face redden with the nickname, a name she's been wanting to hear again for about the last year.

"No, I heard that. I mean... are you sure? You're not just saying that because of the stories?" Nini wanted him to be 100% sure about this and not just say it because she's been waiting and wanting to hear it again.

Ricky moves a piece of hair out of her face and runs his thumb over her jaw. "I've loved you since our first kiss in middle school." Nini blushes because the only reason that happened was that they were caught in a truth or dare game.

"Wait, you remember that?" Tears spring to her eyes.

Ricky nods and sniffles a little. "I've loved you since the eighth-grade dance. I've loved you since you agreed to be my girlfriend freshman year. I've loved you since I screwed up that night in your room. I can't remember a time in my life where you weren't in it, and I wouldn't be the man I am if it weren't for you." Nini's in tears at his little confession as she pulls him in for the tightest hug since they said goodbye when he first left.

"You remember everything?" He nods against her, and Nini feels her heart explode. The shoulder of his shirt was soaked with her tears by now, but that didn't matter. She pulls back and holds his face in her hands. "I can't believe it."

Ricky reaches up to wipe the tears from her face and says, "Believe it, bubs."

Nini pulls him into another searing kiss, running her thumbs over his cheekbones. They pull away breathless, and she mumbles, "I love you, bubba." God, I've been waiting a long time to say that. "I've missed you... so much."

They sit on that park bench with Nini holding his head under her chin for a few more minutes, soaking in the moment. "When did you remember everything?" Nini began playing with his hair, enjoying this time.

"During that kiss. Everything came flooding back. And the stories did help as well." Ricky feels a raindrop hit his head, so he suggests, "You ready to head back now?"

Nini shakes her head. "No, not yet."

"Bubs, it's about to rain."

"I don't care."

He chuckles, and that alone makes her heart swell. "Well, I do. Come on," he says, standing up and making her pout at the loss of contact, "let's get going before it hits too hard." Nini reluctantly joins him, and their arms swing a little as they walk back to their neighborhood.

Ricky walks Nini up to her porch and finds the smile on her face absolutely adorable. "What's going on in that head of yours?"

"My face hurts from smiling," she giggles. He leans down to give her a kiss, which turns out to be too short for either of their liking. "Can you stay the night? Please?"