Chapter 1

A/N: Hey there, it's nice to see that someone is giving this a try! Hope you enjoy (comments are always appreciated! I really need your feedback to improve!)

- Elise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's POV:

The apartment was gloomy and cold, but the navy haired boy found it somehow comforting. His tired eyes were once of a beautiful golden colour, but now? They resembled a cold and dull stone that showed no emotions.

He was pale, paler than a sheet of paper.

His hair was not smooth like it usually was, instead, it was sloppy and oily.

He was a mess

'Just... What did I do to deserve this...? Why did it have to end like this?'

...

The young man was still dressed in his usual black uniform with grey thin stripes that matched with his pants design. His clothes were already dirty and worn out, but he didn't care.

...

Who was he?

He was Shuichi Saihara, a young detective that, despite his age, solved a big number of cases all across Japan and sometimes even went overseas, but nevertheless he claimed that every time it was just pure luck.

Truth is, the young man had low self-esteem and didn't even dare to look at strangers, or even his own friends, in the eyes, so he always wore that tedious black hat he used as a shield against other people's piercing gazes.

...

Why did he look so exhausted right now, you ask?

I'll answer your question right away

In the last few months a new criminal became known for their crimes, but they weren't just some common pickpocket

They were the mysterious and charming Phantom Thief

To be honest, the police wasn't entirely sure whether the Phantom Thief was part of an organisation or simply operated on their own, after all, no one even knew their gender or their age: since the thief was sharp, they never left any evidence behind, not even a strand of hair or some footprints.

Nothing at all.

They were just too cunning

...

The boy now stood up from his seat and went to the kitchen to get some coffee. His small apartment was untidy and clothes were scattered all over the place, but he had no intention to do anything about that any time soon.

When he arrived in the kitchen he smelled something horrible: the detective forgot to take out the trash that morning and now he had to suffer from the terrible smell of God-knows-what spreading through the room. He brushed it off, knowing that he was way too tired to take the smelly garbage out in that moment, and made himself a cup of coffee, also noticing he was running out of his favourite drink and had to get out of his comfort zone to buy some soon.

...

After a few minutes the young man picked up the cup full of his beloved bitter drink and headed back to the living room, but with all the things randomly scattered across the floor the detective didn't even notice he was going to trip because of his own damn emo hat that somehow got to the spot it was in in that moment without him noticing.

Thud

The boy, as expected, slipped, causing his nose to collide with the hard floor while the cup dropped and shattered with a loud crash.